Sign in to follow this  
GBTP

Never helped anyone but now have hero skin!

I'm pretty excited about it, but I think I exploited the clothes change glitch without meaning to, I always switch out of my ghillie when I'm in town and back into it when I leave towns.

But either way, I have never killed anyone and will hopefully hold up the ideals of the Hero. I feel like a frickin' knight!

Your human does naturally go up over time to a certain point.

You could have done something that potentially bumped you into hero skin territory.

Regardless, welcome to the club. I dub thee Sir GuBuTuP of Berezino.

Edited by SumoS
  • Like 2

I'm pretty excited about it, but I think I exploited the clothes change glitch without meaning to, I always switch out of my ghillie when I'm in town and back into it when I leave towns.

But either way, I have never killed anyone and will hopefully hold up the ideals of the Hero. I feel like a frickin' knight!

As you said yourself, it is because of clothing change bug.

I advise you always wear your ghillie/camo or get your humanity to superhumanly low values asap so you never get out of your bandit skin, otherwise skin change will emerge from the darkness and bite you in the ass when you expect it the least as it happened to me yesterday.

I have no idea what you're trying to say metal, but I think it's really cute that you're trying to communicate.

• Like 3

Man my goal is to get that outfit and its awesome that you got it. One more thing to look forward to while doing awesome deeds.

Don't forget the sub point, that I didn't earn it. But do it Bear8u, because it looks great and shows that you are a good person. I like to think I am, I hate to think that the wrong people will exploit, intentionally, the loophole that I exploited unintentionally.

I have no idea what you're trying to say metal, but I think it's really cute that you're trying to communicate.

Your profile says you're from Portland, OR, I thought people generally speak English there, sorry if I mistaken. In what language would you prefer me to explain my point to you?

What I was saying is that when you kill someone or even shoot at someone your humanity will drop. When it drops below -2000 your skin will change to a bandit skin without any warning. At this moment everything will twitch slightly, it is likely that you will lose your target, especially if you were looking down the sights of your rifle at the moment. Your weapon may switch to your sidearm, also you may lose your backpack. Next thing you know - the guy you were shooting at simply kills you while you are trying to reacquire your target.

This is what may happen if you walk around in a survivor or a hero skin, or a bandit skin with your humanity slightly below -2000. This is why wearing your ghillie or camo, or getting your humanity very low will prevent those unpleasant events from happening. Another way is to get your humanity very high, but it is more difficult thing to do. I hope this time I explained it clear enough for you to understand.

I think I know what is the issue: I've, after many days of fair work, obtained a hero skin. However, my kill/headshot/humanity stats all reset to 0 every time I connec to a server. Using the 'i'-display, I could however confirm that this data is still correctly tracked by the hive (debug dialog reads f.e. 5 kills, I tells me I've got 1xx).

However, since 'my humanity is 0', it starts constantly regenerating back to 2500.

The reset bug applies to EVERY change of clothing. Assuming you had 2500 (base) humanity and switched to (f.e.) Ghilie, you return to '0', whilst your actual value is still 2500. Your client still starts generating humanity to reach 2500, causing your actual (HIVE'd) value to raise past 2500.

By often switching your clothes, this effect could sum up past the bar for obtaining a hero skin.

Just a theory of an observing programmer, though...

• Like 1

Metal, English actually is, in fact, the native language of ALL of the united states, which Oregon happens to be. But you do not have a very good grasp of it, (It's ok, I forgive you without you even having to ask me.) and your concept was poorly summarized. Regardless, Who cares if at some arbitrary point my screen might glitch and it might be remotely annoying? The hero skin looks great and I don't really run around shooting people, something I thought might be clear by my posting this topic in the 'Survivor HQ' forum. And since, without my even attempting, I am now a hero, and have yet to shoot a single survivor without running away from aggressors nor needing to fight for my life against them, it will, in fact, be easier to just continue being awesome, and looking awesome, as a hero.

I think I know what is the issue: I've, after many days of fair work, obtained a hero skin. However, my kill/headshot/humanity stats all reset to 0 every time I connec to a server. Using the 'i'-display, I could however confirm that this data is still correctly tracked by the hive (debug dialog reads f.e. 5 kills, I tells me I've got 1xx).

However, since 'my humanity is 0', it starts constantly regenerating back to 2500.

The reset bug applies to EVERY change of clothing. Assuming you had 2500 (base) humanity and switched to (f.e.) Ghilie, you return to '0', whilst your actual value is still 2500. Your client still starts generating humanity to reach 2500, causing your actual (HIVE'd) value to raise past 2500.

By often switching your clothes, this effect could sum up past the bar for obtaining a hero skin.

Just a theory of an observing programmer, though...

You are exactly right, the humanity resets and then re accumulates when you change skins, which I do when I enter/leave town. and then when you disconnect your newly accumulated total gets added to your original total and you have gained Humanity.

GBTP, I simply tried to give you a warning about what could happen. Tried to help you, just because I can. And you started to act like you're better then I am. Now you even implied that I need to ask your forgiveness because my English is not perfect. And as you said, you like to think you are good person. Well, I don't think you are. Such arrogance can not be good.

You brought language into the equation, not me. But arrogance and good nature are not mutually exclusive.