Gogster (DayZ)

BIS_Effects_AirDestruction

Except the script restriction #? No.

The lower the script restriction number the more 'serious' (so to speak) the infraction? I wonder whether that's the indicator?

Anyone else noticed the script line anomaly in Domi's post and mine?

Are you entries from a private server as well? Which releases/packages are you guys running?

On a vanilla server this is a legit execution:

05.09.2012 15:49:48: USER (IP) GUID - #39 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"
05.09.2012 15:49:51: USER (IP) GUID - #39 "[this, 0.732595, 2883.57]spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2"
05.09.2012 15:49:55: USER (IP) GUID - #39 "[this, 0.732595, 2883.57,false,true]spawn BIS_Effects_Burn"

Notice the individual legit executions of #39, those #38 #39 executions look like the early spoof attempts of cheaters. Keep in mind like I said this stuff is always evolving, cheaters don't spoof single or double lines any longer as they know it can get them flagged by active admins. Further, recent public cheats are focusing on client side methods only rendering these risky methods nonviable. Like I said before it comes down to admin communication and submissions to the CBL allowing them to do their job.

The lower the script restriction number the more 'serious' (so to speak) the infraction? I wonder whether that's the indicator?

Restriction number isn't directly correlated to seriousness.

Edited by (OCN)Vortech

Are you talking from some experience here? Because from the tone you're presenting it sounds like you have some knowledge, yet there's glaring inaccuracies in what you are saying.

Are you talking from some experience here? Because from the tone you're presenting it sounds like you have some knowledge, yet there's glaring inaccuracies in what you are saying.

lol I thought you were getting better but your true colors showed themself.. Experience? https://code.google....ary&cells=tiles. "Glaring inaccuracies" enlighten me.

True colours? :|

Anyhoo, according to Dwarden the new beta version blocks this exploit, so this is immaterial.

colors is correct too. ;)

I hope they fix it soon.

Edited by DomiStyle

Anyhoo, according to Dwarden the new beta version blocks this exploit, so this is immaterial.

Exactly. I'm a proud American, no need to over-complicate.

Glad to see BIS put it to rest, it was the only chink in the remoteexec armor (see what I did there). That being said, his previous statement of remoteexec = ban can be reinstated once again. Still waiting on those "Glaring inaccuracies" btw :rolleyes:

Still waiting on those "Glaring inaccuracies" btw :rolleyes:

And so you shall be. If you cant see them in the answers you've posted in the topic, I can't be bothered to go through them. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you, far from it, but the way you are presenting information is like you have some sort of inside knowledge, but I'm getting the impression you're actually giving us is your best guess, which is dangerous.

And so you shall be. If you cant see them in the answers you've posted in the topic, I can't be bothered to go through them. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you, far from it, but the way you are presenting information is like you have some sort of inside knowledge, but I'm getting the impression you're actually giving us is your best guess, which is dangerous.

lol, you try so hard.

I'm just an admin like so many others, if you misinterpret my posts as somehow having "inside knowledge" then I apologize for confusing you. My posts are based on actual data/results we've collected across our servers. In this instance our results disproved Dwardens theories (someone with "inside knowledge"). His instructions likely led to a few innocent players receiving bans, my posts were attempt to share knowledge with other admins and prevent innocent players from inconvenience. Nobody is right all the time but the only dangerous thing I see in this thread is an attempt to disregard viable information. IMO the only dangerous thing admins can do is not share with one another, post logs, and discuss trends.

I'm just an admin like so many others, if you misinterpret my posts as somehow having "inside knowledge" then I apologize for confusing you. My posts are based on actual data/results we've collected across our servers. In this instance our results disproved Dwardens theories (someone with "inside knowledge"). His instructions likely led to a few innocent players receiving bans, my posts were attempt to share knowledge with other admins and prevent innocent players from inconvenience. Nobody is right all the time but the only dangerous thing I see in this thread is an attempt to disregard viable information. IMO the only dangerous thing admins can do is not share with one another, post logs, and discuss trends.

Yah, I apologise, I'm not explaining myself very well, got 50 things on the go at the moment. Appreciate your assistance.

lol, you try so hard.

???

Gog, they're actually totally right on this one.

Those entries absolutely show up in remoteexec.log when a heli crashes, I get them every single time a heli crashes on my server. Maybe the confusion here has to do with people using different beta versions or something but I know for a fact that the majority of the time they are false positives.

• Like 1

06.09.2012 03:51:09: Kim (12.207.30.193:2324) 6da0eed04ee3eb3db447ee2b2a8 - #38 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"

06.09.2012 03:51:09: Kim (12.207.30.193:2324) 6da0eed04ee3eb3db447ee2b2a8 - #40 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"

An example from this morning. This was a legit helicopter, crashed by a regular on my server. No hacking at all, and my remoteexec is completely up to date (names and GUIDs have been edited)

Gog, they're actually totally right on this one.

Those entries absolutely show up in remoteexec.log when a heli crashes, I get them every single time a heli crashes on my server. Maybe the confusion here has to do with people using different beta versions or something but I know for a fact that the majority of the time they are false positives.

Yeah same here full 3x line,

last time when it happened my teammate was on location and studied body near crashed chopper and it had same name that appeared on the remoteexec

Edited by Caine

Gogster why the shy remark, no need for that...

But since apparently i have no idea what i am talking about & u do lets see......

Why did u go on another ramble of a witch hunt again for hackers ??? Why not private forums ??? Thought the idea of that was for log enquires now ???

Is that now defunct ?

Werent u banning players for clicking on admin panel & we had debate u werent meant todo this..

As u would ban innocent people & the scripts.txt were kicking for it anyways. So no harm done...

U had people appealing those bans

------------

-----------

I remember having a long ass fcking debate over heli explosions & entries in remoteexec.log & why u see them in the log file, on the private admin forums.

Besides once again scripts.txt was kicking players outright for heli explosions, so unless u changed it to logging u could just ignore the entries...

Now your first post specifically quoted about hackers overwritting publicvariables in relation to BIS_EFFECTS_ & i pointed u to the new filter file in-regards to fight against this..

U ignore that & ramble on about evil things in remoteexec.log again.... seriously mate...

But my fav was u getting worried over log entries for localised text @ client login after a battleye update, and u wanted feedback from dwarven about it.