Sign in to follow this  
liammanator

AS50-TWS

Chaps, just had a raid on the NW airfield.

Only two of us on the server at the time. server admins restart on a regular basis.

AS50-TWS in barracks in normal item spawn location.

Is this a bug, genuine or freak of nature?

They shouldn't be spawning. They were removed from the loot tables in a previous patch.

Someone may have left it there.

It was most definitely left. I've seen this, fairly, common type of S-Kiddie Trolling - Lay down a Hacked item in a High-Risk area, like the Barracks, so as to bait those with already great gear. After / If they pick it up, All it takes is for an Admin to go through the Logs, and find that you've magically picked up a Hacked item.. Most likely resulting in a Ban. Then, if you log into another Server with it, same thing may happen. =[

Ive picked up alot while raiding tents and I've never been banned...

If only the mod makers could break the gun somehow so no one could use it.

But I'm never gonna pass one up if I see one, you know why? Cuz i like to counter snipe them idiots with them in the hills before they get me or my Buddys that raid the citys.

Exploiting mate. You are just giving yourself an edge over the competition through illegitimate means.

Why not just go hunt for a L85?

These nothing better then taking someone out with a L85 AS50 combo

Exploiting mate. You are just giving yourself an edge over the competition through illegitimate means.

Why not just go hunt for a L85?

Sneaking up on them and head-shotting them with a pistol?

Now that would push my buttons ;)

It was most definitely left. I've seen this, fairly, common type of S-Kiddie Trolling - Lay down a Hacked item in a High-Risk area, like the Barracks, so as to bait those with already great gear. After / If they pick it up, All it takes is for an Admin to go through the Logs, and find that you've magically picked up a Hacked item.. Most likely resulting in a Ban. Then, if you log into another Server with it, same thing may happen. =[

I don't think you quite understand what checking the server logs involves. Picking up a weapon is recorded in the logs, but it's not the weapon name, it's a code for the weapon, which you need to search the code for. Unless the admin feels like searching through everyone's code in the off chance he'll find someone with an AS50 TWS (which would take hours), this doesn't actually happen.

So the general consensus is that this is/could be dodgy.

I'll have the server admin have a rummage through the logs and see what he can dig up. In the mean time I'll put it in a tent and forget about it. #

Cheers

• Like 1

Found one after a server reset, in a vehicle spawn. Seems to be back in the game, despite everyone claiming it's a hacked weapon.

Found one after a server reset, in a vehicle spawn. Seems to be back in the game, despite everyone claiming it's a hacked weapon.

Surely it was just saved in the vehicle? It could still potentially be hacked in.

Edited by SumoS