Bread5tick

Lingor Island, Hacked weapons already

Can you please point me to your server, so I know what to stay away from? I just dont like abusive admins who ban someone solely for having a weapon.

Its a good thing you have your server name out so players know which one to stay away from.

Obviously you are accepting scripted/hacked gears on your server, so all i can hope is that they come to you. And stay there, trolling you with all their hacks and shiny weapons.

You will have sucha fun time looting your own body over and over. "Oh. Candy. Oh Candy. Oh Candy. Oh Candy."

No56, homeserver of the w4nking norweigians.

So first you say:Don't break rockets rules.

then: Take the hacked gear.

then get upset when an admin says he'd ban you for it?

You sir, come across like a dick. NO56 sounds like a shite server.

Nope, thats not what I'm saying.

What I am saying is:

1 ) Dont break rocket / DayZ staff's rules. Or get the fuck out as admin.

2 ) Please dont take the hacked gear, but if you do, I cant stop you as of right now.

3 ) I am a dick, deal with it. But atleast I follow admin rules ;) Its not my fault the rules are wrong, and favour hackers.

1. Taking anything from a hacked crate is cheating even if it is legit gear.

3. You guys a mates IRL, you've known him for many years? You must to say "Stop trying to be so proper on the internet when you know for a fact youre not in real life"

1 ) No. At most its exploiting.

3 ) ehh, what? Please try again. "you must to say" thehell does that mean?

as people have pointed out, rocket has no control over Lingor servers. but besides that, I was playing on a hive server lastnight that was banning people for having hacked weapons. it's not a 'global ban' but they are banned from that server

And that admin/server should be removed as a whitelisted server fast as fuck. That IS abusive. Maybe not in the words original meaning, but not following a set of rules is abusing.

Hopefully you will get banned from that server for using the scripted gun.

Many servers ive been to that is running Lingor, ban people (dumbasses) who picks up scripted weapons.

This way, the servers stays atleast free from people like you. "my dilema..." yeah right. If you would have gotten your hands on a script, then you would have used it. This is what its saying to me.

I founda medical box last night, in middle of nowhere. Took 1 satchel charge and blew it up. Went on running. End of story, its not harder then that.

Say you are walking in the woods, and you find 100 euro. Do you take them? Or do you give them to the police?

If you answer the latter you are: A FUCKING LIAR.....

Same applies in games. If you find something, you take it.

The difference here is that its a private hive, and as such the admin has the rights that every official-hive-admin should have. He can remove people for suspicion, (Face it.. A few false-positives is acceptable to get rid of hackers..) Not like the rules are now, where its better to have a few hackers than to have a few false positives.

When you hack you always run the risk of getting banned. If you hack obviously, you should be banned. Even if you hack non-disruptivly, you deserve to be banned.

The problem with official hive is that you cant do this.

Edited by AndreasB

And that admin/server should be removed as a whitelisted server fast as fuck. That IS abusive. Maybe not in the words original meaning, but not following a set of rules is abusing.

I'm guessing you're appealing to the 'rule' that people should only be kicked/banned for abusive/racist language. I think that water is under the bridge. especially when we're talking about definitive proof that people are in possession of hacked weapons

saying a server should be blacklisted for banning people that definitely have hacked weapons is rather dubious

I'm guessing you're appealing to the 'rule' that people should only be kicked/banned for abusive/racist language. I think that water is under the bridge. especially when we're talking about definitive proof that people are in possession of hacked weapons

saying a server should be blacklisted for banning people that definitely have hacked weapons is rather dubious

No, I'm saying it should be blacklisted for not following rules laid down by rocket/dayz. One of them is that you MAY NOT ban for possession. It has been specifically said by rocket and other staff.

you should not kick/ban for possession, only for spawning

Say you are walking in the woods, and you find 100 euro. Do you take them? Or do you give them to the police?

If you answer the latter you are: A FUCKING LIAR.....

Same applies in games. If you find something, you take it.

The difference here is that its a private hive, and as such the admin has the rights that every official-hive-admin should have. He can remove people for suspicion, (Face it.. A few false-positives is acceptable to get rid of hackers..) Not like the rules are now, where its better to have a few hackers than to have a few false positives.

When you hack you always run the risk of getting banned. If you hack obviously, you should be banned. Even if you hack non-disruptivly, you deserve to be banned.

The problem with official hive is that you cant do this.

no, it's like if you find a kilo of cocaine in the woods, and then when you get busted with it you try to say "b-b-but I just found it in the woods"

ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, "let the buyer beware", etc

• Like 2

no, it's like if you find a kilo of cocaine in the woods, and then when you get busted with it you try to say "b-b-but I just found it in the woods"

ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, "let the buyer beware", etc

Dont forget the law that states that you cant be punished for picking up that cocaine... Because that rule actually exists for possession.

No, I'm saying it should be blacklisted for not following rules laid down by rocket/dayz. One of them is that you MAY NOT ban for possession. It has been specifically said by rocket and other staff.

you should not kick/ban for possession, only for spawning

I understand it was specifically said by rocket like back in June, but the hacking has become a different animal since then. rocket has changed his mind about a lot of things since then

it's not a secret that several official-hive servers are doing this now. so why don't you let rocket and crew pick and choose how to enforce their rules. I hope soon all the servers are doing it, and it's integrated into battleye

Dont forget the law that states that you cant be punished for picking up that cocaine... Because that rule actually exists for possession.

I now know you have to be a Troll.

Are you freaking serious, If I pick up a kilo of cocaine and then get stopped and I say, "I found this, you can't arrest me" the cops would probably piss themselves laughing, the cuff me and put me in jail.

Daze23 this is the type of person you are trying to reason with:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/87978-starting-bandit-group-on-us-666/

AndreasB: I dont have a problem with loosing my gear? As long as its not to a bandit (who already has a weapon and shit, and who kills for no fucking reason). May the hackers forever haunt them.

and

All these bandits need to meet up somewhere in Oslo so I can take my shotgun and get rid of the lot.. Lowest of human scum = bandits in DayZ

• Like 1

I understand the 'devil's advocate' argument he's making. I just don't understand why he would be making that argument (outside of trolling)

I now know you have to be a Troll.

Are you freaking serious, If I pick up a kilo of cocaine and then get stopped and I say, "I found this, you can't arrest me" the cops would probably piss themselves laughing, the cuff me and put me in jail.

Daze23 this is the type of person you are trying to reason with:

http://dayzmod.com/f...roup-on-us-666/

AndreasB: I dont have a problem with loosing my gear? As long as its not to a bandit (who already has a weapon and shit, and who kills for no fucking reason). May the hackers forever haunt them.

and

All these bandits need to meet up somewhere in Oslo so I can take my shotgun and get rid of the lot.. Lowest of human scum = bandits in DayZ

Yes, I am fucking serious. Because they would have no other choice than to let me go. If we are gonna draw parallels they need to be on the same page.

If picking up a hacked in weapon is like picking up cocaine, then there is also a law stating you cant be punished for picking up that cocaine, because there IS A RULE that states you cannot ban for possession!

Whats wrong with hating on bandits that kill for no fucking reason? Thats called ruining gameplay for others.

Whats wrong with hating on bandits that kill for no fucking reason? Thats called ruining gameplay for others.

Because your great Rocket himself has stated that the PvP is a HUGE portion of the game. Hunting people down, infiltrating their group in game or in TS, and taking them down.

Because your great Rocket himself has stated that the PvP is a HUGE portion of the game. Hunting people down, infiltrating their group in game or in TS, and taking them down.

In my book thats ruining gameplay.. I'd rather have cheaters...

Well then go back to BF3/CoD, because the game play here is never going to change. The game is absolutely challenge-less without the PvP, the Zeds are a joke, hell you don't even need a weapon to avoid them.

Anyways,I think I am done discussing things with you, it's obvious that no one is going to get their server blacklisted for removing people who cheat by using weapons that are not in the game. Please continue on your campaign to make it happen, it makes for hilarious posts by you. We all enjoy reading your ravings, it is very entertaining.

In my book thats ruining gameplay.. I'd rather have cheaters...

:facepalm:

• Like 3

The game is absolutely challenge-less without the PvP, the Zeds are a joke, hell you don't even need a weapon to avoid them.

Anyways,I think I am done discussing things with you, it's obvious that no one is going to get their server blacklisted for removing people who cheat by using weapons that are not in the game. Please continue on your campaign to make it happen, it makes for hilarious posts by you. We all enjoy reading your ravings, it is very entertaining.

1) Changes are needed. ArmA2 owns, DayZ kinda suck ,why do you think that is? Its a survival game where your experience gets ruined by fucktards shooting other players for no fucking reason.

2) I will

I find it funny that people get pissed off when people kill each other when that is the base of the game. I myself am not a bandit and do not and will not kill without reason. Still, people (pardon my language) bitch and moan about people killing each other in the main cities.

Solution?? don't go to main cities and another note, you just spawned, you got nothing to lose anyway and you will probably spawn somewhere else lol. Cuz, the guy camping the airfield isn't as bad as the guy camping cherno, same shit different situation.

Regarding hacked in weapons.... Think of it this way.... someone finds a crate of guns and says oh this is cool. Grabs a butt load of crap and says to himself sweet I don't have to spend hours on end finding junk besides, this is only game. Then the admin comes in only to ban an innocent person who happened upon a load of goods rather than banning the person who spawned them in the first place.

Also, don't give me that real life crap and what not, until you have the proper tools to track who did this and did that, don't be a dick by banning people who have hacked gear because it is part of the mod after all. Just not through legitimate means.

My point is that regardless of whether or not a person has illegitimate items, the same damage can be done with normal weapons therefore doing little or nothing to prevent anything and merely pissing off a lot of people.

• Like 1

Solution?? don't go to main cities

it's funny cause they'll say it in so many words:

"it's sucks to get killed by a bandit, respawn, and have to run all the way back to cherno..." :facepalm:

Edited by daze23