dave.mcdaniel04@gmail.com

This game is fun again!

Sweet baby Jesus!

I thought I was done with this game until the stand-alone came out, but thankfully I was mistaken.

Great job on the hotfix DayZDevTeam, and especially to you Rocket. I'm sure you know that your user-base was dwindling, and it's a shame that there was such lack of communication on this issue, but you pulled through in the end. I hope this is a learning experience for everyone.

1) Communication, good.

2) Patience, good.

I think the whole community would've been much more willing to grit our teeth through the troubles with 1.7.2.5 if they had only known the difficulties you and your team faced with addressing the bugs. Weekly updates on what you tried (even if it failed) would've gone a LOOOONG way in keeping your user-base happy. Also, use your bloody forums for updates. Please. Not everyone keeps track of your twitter feeds and interviews. :)

Everyone else: try not to be so douchey next time. Fair deal?

Thanks again.

-MisterFister

• Like 4

possibly a good post, possibly a bad one, i don't really know. I seem to always struggle reading much of what you write , just something about it.. your style ?.. hmmmm, i am sure it will come to me.

2s18wnm.gif

• Like 5

Connecting to server

Setup completed, please wait...

Spawning

Killed by Hacker

FUN FUN FUN

Edited by Threalty
  • Like 2

Yes yes yes, hackers are a problem, and they will continue to be a problem.

The thing about the hacking issue is that we have already been told what the situation is. It will take 100 times more manpower to fix the issue now than when standalone gets released, so until standalone we just have to suck it up. It's an unfortunate, but understandable stance.

I think there should be a stickied (and locked) thread with this information somewhere however.

All my tents across various servers get wiped with the update so all my LEGITIMATE back up gear is gone

Respawned back on the coast with all my gear gone after logging off in a completely legitimate manner

Killed on a night time server by some faggot with an as50 TWS

jump server, respawn on coast, die in 30 seconds to some bush wookie emptying an entire L85 mag into me

Can't find any vehicles becuase clans and server hosts are able to hoard them again

Hacking still rampant

But it's OK, because infected hunters now have a chance to spawn bear traps.

This game never stopped being fun.

Frustration entered it because of the scripting/hacking. But you put up with it.

All my tents across various servers get wiped with the update so all my LEGITIMATE back up gear is gone

Respawned back on the coast with all my gear gone after logging off in a completely legitimate manner

jump server, respawn on coast, die in 30 seconds to some bush wookie emptying an entire L85 mag into me

Can't find any vehicles becuase clans and server hosts are able to hoard them again

Hacking still rampant

Going out on a limb here...are you playing high pop servers?

The good feelings from this community will be short lived, but I do agree that despite the giant asshats that inhabit this forum they should attempt to be a little better at communication. But I I also know that a good portion of the forum just likes to whine and feels as though this game should be finished when they want it finished.

Hacking still rampant

This is the guy I was talking about, some self entitled asshat who thinks this game is finished. Who gives a shit about your gear and tents, cry me a river I have lost so much stuff and never whine like an idiot. The vehicle issue is a pain but if they ever fixed the debug plains and forest and wiped any gear stored there this problem would not exist (you would just find more vehicles stored on the map). Finally, nobody gives two shits that you were killed by someone, brush yourself off and go gear up or quit.

funny thing is. i never met a hacker in any of the Lingor island servers. i always play on 30+ player servers. and no hacker yet.

Met at least one last night (teleported to our location and I know this because I watched him appear and head straight for us) and then was killed by a L115 (hacked sniper rifle) and once again know this for a fact because we killed two in the group (including the sniper) and found all hacked weapons. Still happens but admins can ban without all the fuss.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

going out on a further limb here...are people still attached to their gear and obsessed with hoarding things?

people still not getting the memo on DayZ i see... :facepalm:

Yes having a script kiddie log onto your server and teleport all the vehicles way the fuck off the map is fun!! I'd rather deal with occasional artifacting and problematic tent/vehicle inventory saving then having some fuck head take the fun away from the server.

I got sniped by the as50 TWS on a server with maybe 5 other people on it. I spawned on Elektro coast so I just figured what the hell, I'll check the place out. As soon as I got near the fire station next to the church I got blasted, I wasn't particularly annoyed I just kind of rolled my eyes since you'd have to be a pretty sad individual to sit for hours on a low pop night server to shoot unarmed fresh spawns using a hacked weapon. I then jumped onto another night time server with less than 10 players, spawned in practically the same position and got gunned down running into one of the restaurants. I do have some servers on my favourites that fill up on friday nights/weekends but since I've now lost all my gear I've been sticking exclusively to servers with 15 players or less.

This is the guy I was talking about, some self entitled asshat who thinks this game is finished.

Who asked you? Cunt.

going out on a further limb here...are people still attached to their gear and obsessed with hoarding things?

No I'm attached to my time, which is a precious investment. If this so-called alpha is going to have 101 different ways to instantly take away everything that represent several hours of my time then it stands to reason that there should be mechanics in place to easily replace those items without me needing to jump through the same hoops I've jumped through several times already.

This game is starting to feel like a korean MMO grind fest. The question isn't whether or not I'm going to get the items I want, because getting everything I need/want in this game is very easy. The question is simply how much time is it going to take me? And perhaps more importantly how long after I get those items will I simply lose them again? The answers are heavily influenced on how many bugs, glitches and hackers I encounter.

I got sniped by the as50 TWS on a server with maybe 5 other people on it. I spawned on Elektro coast so I just figured what the hell, I'll check the place out. As soon as I got near the fire station next to the church I got blasted, I wasn't particularly annoyed I just kind of rolled my eyes since you'd have to be a pretty sad individual to sit for hours on a low pop night server to shoot unarmed fresh spawns using a hacked weapon. I then jumped onto another night time server with less than 10 players, spawned in practically the same position and got gunned down running into one of the restaurants. I do have some servers on my favourites that fill up on friday nights/weekends but since I've now lost all my gear I've been sticking exclusively to servers with 15 players or less.

Who asked you? Cunt.

No I'm attached to my time, which is a precious investment. If this so-called alpha is going to have 101 different ways to instantly take away everything that represent several hours of my time then it stands to reason that there should be mechanics in place to easily replace those items without me needing to jump through the same hoops I've jumped through several times already.

This game is starting to feel like a korean MMO grind fest. The question isn't whether or not I'm going to get the items I want, because getting everything I need/want in this game is very easy. The question is simply how much time is it going to take me? And perhaps more importantly how long after I get those items will I simply lose them again? The answers are heavily influenced on how many bugs, glitches and hackers I encounter.

U mad.