kevenc

1.7.2.6 Removed my Debug Monitor

What is this? ppl bitchin they won't be able to see their kill count and brag about it?

let me get my fap lotion.

I have a question about the Debug Monitor. I'm no longer seeing it in the top right corner any longer. Is this a glitch or did it go away with the newest update?

If it keeps removing features and making the game generally more of chore to play, then true.

I will save you a lot of heart ache later on. This game is not meant to be easy. The removal of the debug elements is the tip of the iceberg for what Rocket has planned. Rocket has stated ideally he wants to remove all of the UI indicators, the only ones he's not sure of how he would replace (yet!) with alternate indicators are the visible/audible indicators. Your character himself/herself would essentially exhibit signs that were indicative of whatever the blinking green/red icons used to.

Again, tip of the iceberg. Things are only getting more hardcore from here on out towards standalone. Most of us really like this and are thrilled a game designer is getting to make their game the way they want vs. cowtowing to what would sell the most copies. If this frightens you or you feel it is not what you want, then WarZ is shaping up to be a great alternative. WarZ seems to be catering towards a more softcore/casual experience. This is not a dig on WarZ, simply a statement that DayZ and WarZ are being developed for different target audiences. You seem more apt to like WarZ.

options - Game options - UI = debug

i take credit cards, cash and beans.

• Like 1

I do think the UI should have been improved before the removal of the Debug Monitor. Colourblind people play this game, not being able to check their blood or temperature is a pain, I don't like the debug monitor as it divulges too much in-depth information but having a colour fade is simply a bad idea.

I do think the UI should have been improved before the removal of the Debug Monitor. Colourblind people play this game, not being able to check their blood or temperature is a pain, I don't like the debug monitor as it divulges too much in-depth information but having a colour fade is simply a bad idea.

As mentioned, Rocket plans on removing the UI elements entirely according to his interviews over the past week or two. They'll be replaced with indicators direct from your character. He hasn't said what yet, but perhaps something like being sluggish/stomach grumbling if hungry -- things like that I imagine. I fully concur with Rocket's desire to remove the UI elements entirely. It goes along with how he wants to remove the ammo count as well so you have to remember how many rounds are in your mag. This game should be more immersive, not like you have a Google Glass headset bolted on your your head flashing icons in your eyes.

Debug is now screwed up when you access it.. I was bleeding out.. I used a bandage.. Bleed out again, used another bandage and still bleeding out. So I logged out and will wait till my friend comes to hook me up

Alas, you could've had the answer had you read the patch notes for 1.7.2.6, Forgewolf.

Wow, this whole argument is based on false premises. Go to "Game Options", at the bottom is dayz ui or something like that.

Default:

No debug monitor

None:

Self explanatory

Debug:

Has debug monitor

That is how it is intended to work at least. At the moment, with the debug monitor is on, the other icons are frozen. So if you're worried that you may be below that critical 9k threshold, turn on debug, check your blood, turn it off again. This isn't.... rocket science.

Edited by Gustav Mahler
  • Like 1

I have a question about the Debug Monitor. I'm no longer seeing it in the top right corner any longer. Is this a glitch or did it go away with the newest update?

You sir just won the thread.