Sign in to follow this  
Dinga

Manual Download gone

As title of thread says. Manual download of files from the FTP is gone. Many ISPs (including mine) block all forms of torrenting. Any chance of this being reverted?

I prefer manual downloading 100% of the time. I don't like torrent AT ALL. And I don't trust all tht extra bullshit that dayz commander and six updater install. Thanks, rocket!

Fact of the matter is the torrent (and the US FTP) were the slowest shittiest ways to download it anyway. Mates of mine in Australia would wait an hour to get the files when I could usually d/l them from the Swedish FTP in about 30seconds.

A lot of ISPs these days tend to cut you off from your internet if they see that you're torrenting anything. They dont care if its legal (like DayZ or Ubuntu etc) or not, they just wanna give you a stern lecture about wasting bandwidth and the whole Copyright thing before reconnecting you. It sucks :(. Its funny though their bandwidth arguement cuz I've downloaded a hundred-odd gig in an afternoon and they've not given a crap, its just the knee jerk "TORRENTS ARE BAD" reaction.

Anyway, thanks XAM for that link, you're a real bro. Have some beans. Here's hoping they add the Swedish FTP back on the list next to the torrent button!