Genki Dama

Six laucher... Useless

SU for updates.

ArmaII launcher by Spirited Machine to launch.

press two buttons the game is updated, launched and I'm playing.

Yer your right that does sound too hard think ill go back to playing some mainstream over priced piece of crap.

Jesus, some people could fuck up a free lunch inside a wet dream.

It's a point and click simple easy as pie fucking program.

How can you mess it up? How?

Because the ArmA II launcher is a better program...

I disagree - it's a totally different program with additional functionality. Would you care to elaborate?

...and you don't have to update it every time you try to launch it.

Excellent product support is a good thing.

I like Chevy cars what do you like?

See where I'm going with this?

Btw why even bother with a launcher? Just drop the damn folder into your directory and add @DayZ to your target line. I'm probably going to confuse people with that too, but really it is the simplest way to launch Day Z without any additional software.

Really unless you have a bajillion mods and you need to find servers that have those exact mods or you need to set up a mod list for clients to DL for your special server, six updater is total overkill.

Really unless you have a bajillion mods and you need to find servers that have those exact mods or you need to set up a mod list for clients to DL for your special server' date=' six updater is total overkill.

[/quote']

Well, there you go. Most Arma players don't only play DayZ. I have over 100 mods installed, which I run in a number of configurations, depending on what type of experience I am looking for.

i dont think its the software thats useless.

i use sux updater to update my files, but i dont use sixlauncher to launch the game, i do that through steam, or for the beta, i use the beta exe some other link had provided, i cant find it for the life of me, but it was a code someone wrote to launch the beta specifically, im sure some people knowing what im talking about will be able to helpp

I love the launcher, I hate going through folders and extracting things, I'd rather use a one click updater process. :)

I haven't had any problems with the launcher, and I just checked to make sure that there was no @dayz folder in my @DayZ folder, and I can confirm that there wasn't so I have no idea what happened with yours. However, I will agree that it's not the most user friendly software in the world. I, personally, just use it to update the game anyway. I have a shortcut to the beta patch launcher on my desktop, so I'm not really inconvenienced by it. It would be nice if it was worked on a bit more though.

I still update manually. See absolutely no reason to switch to six updater.

That's what I was getting at when I said it was pretty pointless. ArmA players are now grossly outnumbered by pure Day Z players.

To install a separate piece of software that normally takes longer to update itself which happens all the time than it does to just do a manual update is just flat out stupid for most people.

Do I use Six Updater? Sure do, but I also have a ton of other mods to update that I use regularly. I don't suggest it as it is really a massive overkill for Day Z players.

Hmmm' date=' interesting cause I found it to be super easy to use. maybe you aren't good with computers to figuire out such a simple program. Hell it even auto locates the game for you

and installs the mod/updates it with 1 click.

[/quote']

I wouldn't make that assumption, im actually quite the opposite with computers. It was just the program put the files within files from some weird reason. After completely reinstalling everything, the files went into their normal location and if works great now. Maybe it was just the version I had. Use it constantly now :cool:

Using SU for anything other than updating is fail.

Use the ArmA II launcher instead.........wait' date=' that will really freak people out.

Just go play something else or make a better program yourself, it's not like you paid for it.

[/quote']

Why are people like you on these forums. Someone has a problem they make a thread and ask if someone could help them. And you fantards come and say "play a different game" I want to play this game you little fuck, that's why I want help. Jesus Im going to become the forum hitler and kill you all xD, you rats, everywhere!

I came online after being away all weekend and checked the dayz news to find that the new patch has been released, yay! So I had Six installed and thought i'd give it a go.

20 minutes later after it updated itself and I stumbled around the interface getting the beta patch and the latest mod version, I launch Day Z using what Six updater tells me is a up to date mod only to get a watermark saying i'm using the wrong code...

Anyone maintain a torrent of the latest code?