Sign in to follow this  
drewsta

To take it or not, that is the question.

I was in Cherno the other night (starting from scratch again) building up my supplies such as morphine, knife, water bottle and cans etc. I could hear shots ringing out around me but not at me. I was thinking now is a good time to blend in with the northern woods before I become another players statistic. I ended up inside the old construction building with the fire burning in it and used that for cover as I planned my exit to the woods. Not 30 seconds later I hear a voice and a player coming up the stairwell geared up to the hilt. "well at least I only just started and won't lose much when he puts a round in my cranium" I thought. That never happened, instead he said "Here have this AS50 TWS and 24/24 Coyote backpack ...oh and here's some NVG's". He just seem to be spawning this stuff in front of me and I had heard about this sort of thing but had never experienced it. I thought it was a trick and was expecting to die any moment so I grabbed the gear and the player was gone. So now I have some cool gear and this massive rifle I had only seen in Arma2 or OA. As I make my escape north into the woods something just didn't feel right. I realised I couldn't keep all the gear, I just couldn't do it. I should have been over the moon that I had all this awsome gear but now the game just felt slightly less colourful so to speak. The guy who gave me the gear wasn't just being nice and handing me "his" gear , he was just spawning all sorts of stuff through hacking or one of the glitches that you all talk about. Therefore noone earned it and I didn't want it anymore because I want the challenge of finding or fighting for it myself. So I dumped the gear in the northern barn of Cherno and found a winchester in that same barn and I much prefer that weapon anyway. I have since found everything I need to survive again and have the challenge of finding a nice silenced weapon on my own now. Some of you may think I was crazy to just throw away some of the best gear you can find but that's my point. "Finding" it or even looting it from someone is much more fun than just having it spawned for me. I'm a huge fan of this Mod and survivng on my own with only the gear I can legitimately aquire gives me alot of satisfaction, knowing I have alot to lose by getting shot or eaten makes me survive ingame as I would In real life and thats the Dayz that excites me.

If you found goodies in a barn you thought would never appear in a barn north of Cherno a couple of days ago, your welcome.

• Like 3

You did the right thing!

I know what you mean about the feeling being lost if you'd take something like that. It'd leave a sour taste in the mouth and you wouldn't put so much worth on the items as you would actually finding them (well, with what you CAN find.) Finding them yourself is such a better feeling.

Edited by Mayuyu

Very noble of you sir. Also that video above is excellent as well. Wish more people would play as civilized people in this mod.

I'd have kept the nvgs and pack.

^Also...This. Or at the very least kept the pack. I found NVgs once...by killing someone. Never felt right about that. I have never seen a downed chopper neither.

I would've put it up a zombie's ass and hidden the body, but all the same - you got rid of the gear! Kudos :)