Did I hit a nerve? Your mot used to talking to someone who can call you on your excuses are you? Is that the best you can do is lash out at my host? Christ your pathetic. Do you really think I give 2 shits?

To answer your 4x edited questions, You would need to speak with Kevin with any questions concerning employment with tcadmin, You can ask Luis but you probably wouldn't get any answers since he doesn't speak english very well but I'm sure you knew that... Any other questions you would need to forward to the appropriate parties, I can not answer what I don't know.

I find this thread hilarious, update from 1.7.2.5 to 1.7.2.6 took quite a while to be published and people are here concerned about possibility to insta-update now to 1.7.2.6 loool

• Like 2

^ I see what you mean. For me though, I play on a Vilayer server on the Vilayer hive, and the last two days, our server has bugged out to the point where everytime we log in, our character resets two a point from two days ago. Vehicles reset every server reset and essentially there is no point in playing on our server because nothing saves. We've been waiting all day to update to .6 but alas, it's 12:30 here and I'm tired. with work and shit in the morning. I'm sorry PersonalJ, but it seems Vilayer dropped the ball on this one. I've seen a lot of servers running .6 today, but I'm really only interested on playing on ours because my stats aren't tracked on the others.

^ I see what you mean. For me though, I play on a Vilayer server on the Vilayer hive, and the last two days, our server has bugged out to the point where everytime we log in, our character resets two a point from two days ago. Vehicles reset every server reset and essentially there is no point in playing on our server because nothing saves. We've been waiting all day to update to .6 but alas, it's 12:30 here and I'm tired. with work and shit in the morning. I'm sorry PersonalJ, but it seems Vilayer dropped the ball on this one. I've seen a lot of servers running .6 today, but I'm really only interested on playing on ours because my stats aren't tracked on the others.

The DayZ Package cannot simply update to .6 on the package servers as the database code is all different, we will have this updated once the back end is ready for the new version.

Are they retarded? I had my server updated within 30 minutes of putting in a ticket with my host. AFAIK It's just a matter of zipping the files up and adding them to the control panel, It's not like they have to manually patch every server.. Isn't there a way to upload zip files to the server and unzip them to make it work without relying on them to do it for you?

If you can do that just grab the updated files from your install and upload it, Done, and done.

A lot of hosts (my company and ViLayer included) use TCAdmin. All that they have to do is download the latest files, zip them up and push them to all the remote servers. It takes around 5 minutes to get all the files zipped up and added to the panel and then a little longer to push the files to the remote servers. You do have to appreciate the amount of remote servers ViLayer must have, however.

Edited by FiX

The DayZ Package cannot simply update to .6 on the package servers as the database code is all different, we will have this updated once the back end is ready for the new version.

Ahhh thought so J, received an email this morning saying that i could update the server but when looking in the ACP there was no patch.

Looks like Vilayer staff can be just as offish on the forums as they are on there TeamSpeak support. I very much doubt our group will be sending more money there way at the end of the month. :(

Vilayer Private hive servers use the Bliss Hive hosted here http://dayzprivate.com/

The Bliss Hive is now 1.7.2.6 compatible, helpfully Vilayer wont be to long in deploying the update, I'm sure they probably have to get there Q&A department many man hours of testing before it can go live :P

One of the guys is saying they aren't releasing the hotfix for the Private servers!!!?? Jeez i hope they do because atm the artifacting is game breaking in certain places!

One of the guys is saying they aren't releasing the hotfix for the Private servers!!!?? Jeez i hope they do because atm the artifacting is game breaking in certain places!

Who's one of the guys? a vilayer staff member or just rumour?

Our server is on the private hive, it will be very disappointing if they don't push the hotfix out for us.

Rainy it was one of the guys on the private hive section, think it was either in the utes island topic or takistan.

Just want to give everyone a heads up. They're rolling the update right now.

Watching your email, they're sending out info on how to update.

Also,just a note. After update, if you do not having any of your tents or vehicles just WAIT. They're still in the database but some people are having issues where the objects are not being found. They're currently working to sort that out. The stuff isn't gone, it's just not being called into the game properly.

How does this work? I updated it like I normally do, but the e-mail says to do this:

PLEASE FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER!

STEP 1. INSTALL THE UPDATE NAMED - Vilayer Code Update v1.1 & ArmA2OA 96584

STEP 2. UN-INSTALL THE MOD YOU CURRENTLY HAVE INSTALLED

STEP 3. INSTALL THE MOD YOU CURRENTLY WANT TO RUN

Can we do that? Also, is there any way to switch between Chenarus, Lingor, Tajikstan, etc.?

How does this work? I updated it like I normally do, but the e-mail says to do this:

PLEASE FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER!

STEP 1. INSTALL THE UPDATE NAMED - Vilayer Code Update v1.1 & ArmA2OA 96584

STEP 2. UN-INSTALL THE MOD YOU CURRENTLY HAVE INSTALLED

STEP 3. INSTALL THE MOD YOU CURRENTLY WANT TO RUN

Can we do that? Also, is there any way to switch between Chenarus, Lingor, Tajikstan, etc.?

Followed that about 20 minutes ago and after Step 1 where you would expect "Vilayer Code Update v1.1 & ArmA2OA 96584" to say INSTALLED, it says nothing. Followed the rest of the instructions after and it runs but is not connecting to the HIVE properly.

Anyone else tried this before I log a support call?

EDIT: The Vilayer Code Update v1.1 & ArmA2OA 96584 is now showing as installed but tents, vehicles don't seem to be spawning and there are tons of error messages when the server is booting :(

Edited by Homer-Simpson

Where do you guys even see that to install, though? The only option under updates for me is "

DayZ 1.7.2.6 and Arma2 96584 DayZ 1.7.2.6, Arma2 96584, and latest scripts.txt"

Everyone that has had issues with tents/vehicles disappearing.

Go back into TC Admin and install the newest update. Then uninstall the mod and reinstall.

They have now fixed all the issues with the newest release. Everything should be working as normal.

Installed this update as instructed on the control panel (and yes I also re-installed the mod after the update was done installing), played for a few hours, restarted the server and then everyone including myself were rolled back.

Big disappointment. Everyone on my server's furious right now.

Installed this update as instructed on the control panel (and yes I also re-installed the mod after the update was done installing), played for a few hours, restarted the server and then everyone including myself were rolled back.

Big disappointment. Everyone on my server's furious right now.

That was an issue with the update they released a couple hours ago. If you check your CP again there should be another update that came out about a half hour ago. This one fixed the saving.

That was an issue with the update they released a couple hours ago. If you check your CP again there should be another update that came out about a half hour ago. This one fixed the saving.

Okay, that was 4 hours of gameplay lost. Too bad. :(