When the hell are they gonna update they servers?

I have one connected to the DayZ normal HIVE and I need to update... do I have to wait until they do something or can I do something manually?

Don't know. I'm waiting for an official update from them even if it's possible to do it manually.

The ftp wont allow certain files to be uploaded and we dont have access to hive files, so you have to wait until you can do it in the acp.

• Like 1

How long does it usually take for Vilayer to release the update in the ACP?

• Like 1

I submitted a ticket not too long ago inquiring about a time frame of when they will push the update option to our servers. If no one answers before me, I'll make sure to post their response here.

I got a reply from them, but was pretty generic: "This update will be rolled out just as soon as we've tested and packaged it up." No further info given I'm afraid.

I just submitted a ticket to ask them about it and they said they don't have a specific ETA other than very soon.

"We do not at this time have an ETA on the latest patch other than very soon"

I have no double they're working to get it out as fast as possible.

Regardless, the biggest fix was the tents and vehicles which already work on their hive. The artifact fix would be nice but I'm used to them at this point.

They also responded to my original ticket and a follow up question all within 6 minutes. I was kinda blown away by that.

Edited by barrycarey

Last i checked they are mainly based @ UK, so update was released at like 5-6pm.

Then u factor in time before someone notices the dayz update...

It was a surprise release i believe, didnt know it was coming out...

That only gives them afew hours to notice the update, package it up & test it out on some servers, & then upload the packaged update to there various datacenters.

So give them some time to get it done

Edited by Torndeco

is there a changelog? I don't even see the changelog on it yet lol.. but if it fixes vehicle and tent disappearing and the glitch.. that would rock! I already updated, now just waiting on the servers I play to update as well.

nm found it on dayzwiki.com not too much was changed but awesome they fixed the main important things in my eyes, the glitch and the saves of the vehicles and tents.

Changelog:

• [NEW] Bear trap has chance to spawn on infected hunters
  • [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Bodies should now not display graphical glitches)
  • [NEW] Three UI options available: Default (indicators only), Debug (indicators + debug window), None (only base ArmA2 UI)
  • [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)
  • [FIXED] Vehicle and tents not saving (Now they save correctly)

Edited by Pantera22

I was getting impatient a bit and went to revert back to 1.7.2.5 but now it's slow as all get out on downloading it. gonna take like 4 hours for only 100mbs. Even the newer update was a little slow but this is horrible.

Question.. I downloaded the 1.7.2.5 update from a torrent from this site.. would it be ok just to replace the files with the one in the previous release? will I get kicked for having mismatched files because of something that 1.7.2.6 has changed? THanks.

Edited by Pantera22

Are they retarded? I had my server updated within 30 minutes of putting in a ticket with my host. AFAIK It's just a matter of zipping the files up and adding them to the control panel, It's not like they have to manually patch every server.. Isn't there a way to upload zip files to the server and unzip them to make it work without relying on them to do it for you?

If you can do that just grab the updated files from your install and upload it, Done, and done.

how and where do you place tickets for servers?

Not sure with your host, I'm not with vilayer, Just trying to help.

Only took 7 1/2 hours to upload 100mb's? God help you guys!

The update was in the panels earlier than 7 and a half hours. We wanted to test it before rolling it out.

seems the server names are not updating though after applying the patch. shutdown, applied patch, restarted, still listed as 1.7.2.5.. unless i done somthing wrong :P

seems the server names are not updating though after applying the patch. shutdown, applied patch, restarted, still listed as 1.7.2.5.. unless i done somthing wrong :P

You need to stop the server and edit the server.cfg version variables.

The update was in the panels earlier than 7 and a half hours. We wanted to test it before rolling it out.

Took me about 30 seconds to verify the update was working fine. Mind if I ask what exactly your were testing for 7 1/2 hours? I don't even sleep that long..

Took me about 30 seconds to verify the update was working fine. Mind if I ask what exactly your were testing for 7 1/2 hours? I don't even sleep that long..

Package roll-out to various file servers.

Package roll-out to various file servers.

Package roll out? Listen friend, Your not talking to some kid here, My last gig was with tcadmin (the control panel you use) so I'm pretty sure I know how that works. In case you forgot I will refresh your memory.

Step 1. Download patch files. (2 minutes)

Step 2. Package files into correct folders (2 minutes)

Step 3. Zip files up ( 2.5 minutes)

Step 4. Upload files to file server, place in dayz/tca.patches/ (3.5 minutes)

Step 5. Configure new patch in control panel (1.5 minutes)

This entire process with a 100mb package should take less then 15 minutes. If you have multiple file servers you only need to upload the package to 1 server then move it across to each master server. I'm guessing you have at least a 100mbps pipe to each master so that shouldn't take more then a few seconds to have the file on every master you own.

So again please explain to me why it takes 7 1/2 hours to do something that every other host takes less then 1 hour using the exact same control panel?

I'm not hear to be a pain in the ass, I already sent the correct updates to several of your users here that pm'ed me, I just hate it when hosters try to give BS excuses on the hopes the common user wouldn't understand or comprehend what they are saying, Well sorry sir but Im not one of those users so please refrain from blowing smoke up my ass and your customers asses because it's not cute or funny. Tell the truth next time, It would get you further instead of making you look like an ass.

Package roll out? Listen friend, Your not talking to some kid here, My last gig was with tcadmin (the control panel you use) so I'm pretty sure I know how that works. In case you forgot I will refresh your memory.

Step 1. Download patch files. (2 minutes)

Step 2. Package files into correct folders (2 minutes)

Step 3. Zip files up ( 2.5 minutes)

Step 4. Upload files to file server, place in dayz/tca.patches/ (3.5 minutes)

Step 5. Configure new patch in control panel (1.5 minutes)

This entire process with a 100mb package should take less then 15 minutes. If you have multiple file servers you only need to upload the package to 1 server then move it across to each master server. I'm guessing you have at least a 100mbps pipe to each master so that shouldn't take more then a few seconds to have the file on every master you own.

So again please explain to me why it takes 7 1/2 hours to do something that every other host takes less then 1 hour using the exact same control panel?

I'm not hear to be a pain in the ass, I already sent the correct updates to several of your users here that pm'ed me, I just hate it when hosters try to give BS excuses on the hopes the common user wouldn't understand or comprehend what they are saying, Well sorry sir but Im not one of those users so please refrain from blowing smoke up my ass and your customers asses because it's not cute or funny. Tell the truth next time, It would get you further instead of making you look like an ass.

It didn't take 7 and a half hours for me to roll it out, the roll out took closer to 30 minutes due to Australia once the packages were verified to be functional. I was out when Matt Lightfoot sent the email. I hope you're doing well Rich Scott! How is defcon going after hitting the frontpage of reddit? Are you going to send criminals to my home? I never knew you worked for tcadmin, we will have to ask Luis about that next time we speak with him.

Edited by PersonalJ

Really? Why is it I just received this email from you 8.5 hours after the update was announced?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Thu 9/6/2012 11:49 PM

DayZ have released 1.7.2.6 this contain numerous updates please go into your ACP Layer and perform the update as soon as possible.

The update has been released within our panel for a few hours however we wanted to perform tests before informing customers to update.

Best Regards,

Vilayer LTD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I canceled my account with you last month but I guess your CP still sends emails to me for some reason?