Zzzzzz1

Cars in DayZ

Hey Everyone,

Recently I came across a 4x4 parked on a road. There was a few things wrong with it (engine/tyres) and I went to work repairing it.

I thought I'd be able to drive it without the engine being fully repaired, but when I couldn't I figured that I had to repair it to drive the car.

Eventually I did manage to gather all the parts, and when I got into the car everything was green, yet I was unable to drive the car.

The engine wasn't running and the speedo/revometer was at 0.

Is there something I missed? Is there a button or something I gotta press to get the car started?

Unfortunately I was shot a few minutes after repairing the car in the driver's seat so I won't be able to test but is there something obvious I missed?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Zzzzzz1

Did the vertical bar have any green in it? Or was it empty? Cause that's your fuel.

yes I was on the driver's seat, the fuel light was green so I thought I had gas but I can't remember the bar next to it. Does the fuel light still display green if it's empty?

yes I was on the driver's seat, the fuel light was green so I thought I had gas but I can't remember the bar next to it. Does the fuel light still display green if it's empty?

Yes it does. Fill it up with Jerry cans.