Sign in to follow this  
Ragstorm88

Help a newbie bandit

Hello guys (sorry for my bad english) Ive been playing the game since a week or 2 and i understood all the basic stuff but i'm still having some trouble.I have a clan which can supply me with all the best stuff as 50 nato rounds l85 mk48 and stuff but i like being on my own in cherno/elektro with lee emfield shooting other people.So i'm wondering like where is the best spot to get murders without being sniped by some as50 duper i like staying in the bush between store and fire station in cherno and i find it really effective.Other place Balota airfirled i once saw a helicopter land there and i just had fresh DMR from the deerstands below i shot 2 guys out of it and got every item for 5 min of gameplay but there is no fun after that.and i try sniping but i find it really hard.(ive played battlefield since 3 years as recon and im beast sniper in it) but in arma 2 DayZ i can't understand how to aim i mean i can zero shoot in right place if target stand still but i can't lead i just shoot infront of them or behind them can somebody give me a link to a video explaining it or just explain me how to lead with the snipers and just give me more bandit tips. Thank you!

In cherno....On top of the firestation tower (with a lee enfield) with a Scoped rifle, on top of the factory cylinders.

In Elektro....Sniper Hill (be careful, other bandits up there too)...

Sniping people is no banditry, but thats just my opinion. Try something more creative if you wanna be a good bandit.

i don't usualy snipe i like running in city with AK shooting people that's why i ask for some close range like where i can camp a corner or something i camp the bush between fire station and store with AK or Lee im not usualy a sniper ;)

Avoid obvious spots... Such as on the cylinders/other industrial buildings in cherno. You'll get hit by a sniper before you reach the top. As for Elektro, the hills are nice, but a very large amount of Elektro snipers now possess aws as50s, and you're as good as dead without one yourself.

I personally sit on Elektro's hospital roof and in Cherno's hills to counter snipe.

As for leading a target, it is more about instinct than skill unless you are a mathmatical badass who knows your weapon's bullet velocity and can sense the trajectory of your target...

In cherno....On top of the firestation tower (with a lee enfield) with a Scoped rifle, on top of the factory cylinders.

In Elektro....Sniper Hill (be careful, other bandits up there too)...

do not snipe from fire station tower, you are sking for it from a handicapped and exposed psotition. Set your sights on higher buildings.