maddyn99 (DayZ)

Not showing on map

For some reason when playing on my server I dont show up on the map. When i open the map the cursor is in the top left corner of the map. When i scroll over to where I am on the map I do not show up.

I have tried dropping my map and getting another one and it doesnt help. When I log into a different server I seem to show up then, but when I log back into my server I usually respawn in a different location than I did on the other server.

Any clue as to what is going on?

It depends what server your using. Some have the "magic" map disabled. Time to find yourself a GPS!

• Like 1

You dont have a gps so how could you know where in the map are you? Some servers have a setting that allows you to show up on map even if you don't have GPS.

No its not the server (I dont think) its something to do with me or the hive, besides that woulnt explain why when I log back into my server I am usually at a spawn location and not where I logged out on the other server.

I think this is being disabled on all servers in 1.7.3 anyway. Solution: learn to navigate!

Yes some how in all the updating my cfg files got overwritten. I managed to turn the map back on. Thanks for the help. Now that this is working does anyone know how to enable waypoints? I cant seem to find the setting to enable them?