Sign in to follow this  
Caplock

My helicopter stopped working after i landed it.

So I spent around 4 hours repairing a helicopter on skalisty island ( I think thats how you spell it) and when i finally got it repaired, i flew off to three valleys to fuel it so i could get farther inland. I hardly had any gas and when i was at the gas tank at three valleys, i ran out of fuel about 50 meters in the air. So i set it down, it hit the ground a little hard, and i got out and refueled the heli to about half a tank and i got in to take off.

After i got in, i tried to take off and it wouldnt start up. (everything was green besides the engine, which was red when i landed it). Is this a bug? If so then ill put this in the bug reports. Or is there any way to fix this. The last thing i could think of is to get engine parts, which i can hardly ever find for some reason.

Thanks.

Edited by caplockmw2

I broke my legs and for some reason now I can't walk, I tried eating some sardines, but that hasn't seemed to have helped.

As a last result, I might try fixing my legs, but maybe i'm affected by the same bug as you?

somtimes i find that the heli has a habit of self repair (like the bike) if you just run into the spot where you normally add the glass etc, otherwise watch for hard landings etc.....

also if your in 1.7.5 dont expect the chopper to be where you left it after the restart

i tried to take off and it wouldnt start up. (everything was green besides the engine, which was red when i landed it).

You asked a question and provided its answer immediately after. I'm not sure what you want us to say here. Your assessment of the problem is dead on.

You can easily find engine parts or main rotor assemblies at those big industrial buildings with a few floors

You landed too hard, some servers have a bug where vehicles will repair themselves but probably screwed, you will need either engine parts or a main rotar assembly, but your helicopter will be gone by the time you get back most likely. Construction sites are a great place to look, there should be one North of you near the tractor spawn. Also Engine parts are the rarest part of vehicles, so if you have the storage take them even if you do not need them.

Yeah, you need to be gentle on landing. I would make sure *everything* is fixed in the helicopter. The engine is a must, but having everything else will stop the gas from leaking.