mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Remove until its fully functional, until I can take it out with a toolbox without pain like I should. Cause the way it is is so bugged, sometimes u cant find the sweet spot to take the wirefence out.

What if we removed barbed wire, and increased the spawn rate of entrenching tools a.k.a SHOVELS, and sandbags?

That way, no glitches, still barricades doors for bases. You'd need to code a bit to make sure zombies can't just walk through them, but it'd be better than barbed wire.

No, but fix the fact is comes back every reset after you remove it. Also the "hit box" for removing it needs to be bigger as right now it is annoying random even if you target one of the metal rods.

Yes, the barbed wire, in this game, is useless at the moment. It is only used as a griefing mechanism; The barbed wire serves no purpose for survival currently, in a survival game. Maybe one the game goes standalone, and it can either hold back zombies or at least hinder their movement while causing damage, will it be worth being in game.

I would also say that sandbags should be removed as well, if barbed wire is going to be removed.

Definatly removed the barbed wire. Its useless against zombies and players for the most part use it to grief. That being said, even if you are attempting to use the barbed wire legitimatly it seems to cause server side issues once so much of it goes down. In the end it seems to me that the sandbags work much better and without any of the issues. I say let the barbed wire go, and leave the sandbags... for now at least.

Cheers.

Sir.twiggy

Fix barbed wire instead of deleting it. It should cause a chance for bleeding if climbed, not broken limbs and it should also have a chance to tangle with damage caused to escape

"As the title suggests. You only have a couple of hours" Maybe update in couple of hours/days?¿

No, must not be deleted, just if keep bugged as hell, there must not be removed cuz ppl dont like the entrances blockd, thats the main purpose of barbed wire (block strategic points).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. if the hot fix fixes tents and u get ride of barberd wire im going to lol because iv been saving it up in my bag for when tents are fixed it is a good way to make a camp. if ur geting ride of it forever my vote is no definetly not. if ur getting ride of it to fix the glitches it causes(never gotten graphicale glitches but all the ppl i play with do its wierd)or to beef it up then my vote is yes.

Depends on the current purpose of barbed wire, and your goals.

Do you want to retain current, increase or lower the number of asshats who play DayZ? Based on current level's and historical updates, one must assume you would want to increase the number of DayZ asshats. Therefore, removing barbed wire would be a poor choice because asshats love barbed wire almost as much as they enjoy server hopping. That said, a short term benefit of removing barbed wire would likely lead to the discovery of new and exciting asshatishness as yet undiscovered in the game. Asshats stay busy, they'll find ways to continue their annoyance. So, in the final analysis... barbed wire should probably be removed. Any loss of asshat interest in DayZ could easily be remedied with "new" asshatish features, or returning barbed wire to the game. It's a win win!

Yes, only if it is still bugged. Graphical glitching, re-appears after being removed on restart or other improper behavior. It is a integral fixture to the game but only if working properly. Otherwise it causes more problems than added functionality. Also PLEASE REMOVE GRAPHICAL BUGGED ZOMBIE CORPSES.

Barbwire Should be removed for now due to its tendancy to casue graphical game breaking issues.

However in the future I would mind having it, so long as it "degrades" or "times out". This way you will not have to wait for the server reset to gain access to blocked off areas.

Also making barbed wire more easily removable with a tool box would be much apreaiciated.