mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

No. Keep it in the game, it is part of the game and real world. They should work like tents and cars, if not interacted with in 6 days (as in save) it should be removed, or be FOREVER deleted when a player removes it, not be back when server restarts. these are the ONLY reasons why barbed wire is so frowned upon, it just keeps coming back

I think that they should make Mines for this game, that would be hillarious!

IEDs!!!!!

No, but instead you need a toolbox to place one down.

Just like you need an entrenching tool to place down sandbags.

No, but instead you need a toolbox to place one down.

Just like you need an entrenching tool to place down sandbags.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

• Like 1

I'd prefer a change to the barb wire fencing if it's a choice between how it is now or removing it completely. Just change it so it's less annoying but still interesting.

Personally, I'd change it from setting up a wire fence, to setting up a wire trap.

When I say wire trap I'm talking about those barb-wire sections you see in any Military movie that covers basic training, the one trap that forces players & zombies to crawl face down in the mud.

I mean it's like the opposite of the sandbag, you vault over a wall of sandbags, you crawl under a wire fence. Makes sense to me. And I think it still makes the item useful, but not ridiculous as it was before.

And a zombie crawling under a wire fence to get to you looks a lot cooler than a zombie just slowly phasing straight through the model as it comes after you.

I'm still cool with players needing a toolbox to disassemble them though.

Why not set up poll instead?

Anyways, even though wires has some use ( even aside of all that trolling ) it's just too broken atm. If the dev's don't wanna loose anymore time on it and put it towards something more useful than by all means you got my green light.

I also believe wires is what causes the massive artefacts on my HD 7850. For that alone - as good as gone

Remove until fixed. Right now its role is essentially for griefing and messing with newbies. Outside of that, it also causes MASSIVE graphical issues and it's nearly impossible to remove (the tool-tip just doesn't show up 90% of the time),

It's got no real role. Sandbags make sense. You can use them as cover, they can stop zombies, and dont cause insane glitches.

I once found 6x barbed wires on the NW Airfield on the same server, and then both barracks were closed down. Was fun to snipe those trying to enter a few hours later.

Keep it!

Hell no, barbed wire is awesome and it makes for great base fortifications. We barricaded Devils Castle before the last wipe and had some clan vs clan stuff going on.

you should keep barbed wire in but make it so you dont need to look at the post to take it down