michael.lerch@hotmail.com

Rocket, please re-enable Side Chat and do this instead

Instead of removing the channel entirely, just disable VOIP on side chat and other channels besides Direct Communication. It makes more logical sense to do that than simply removing the entire channel.

Side chat is what everyone uses just to piss around in an "off topic" forum and obviously newbies saying "ANYONE IN CHERNO!?"

In his zombie experiment/simulator it isn't realistic to be able to chat across the entire server. Maybe make us find a tool that allows this, like the radio.

Yeah, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to implement. Side chat is useful for people wanting to talk globally, direct communication should be used for people talking locally. In a group or something.

EDIT: I had over 100 posts.. since the hacker attack and the roll back.. I have 50 now. SO SAD. ;-;

There should definitely be a option in the server config to enable side chat or not, I would love it. I like to be able to chat globally, and be able to engage in conversation as well - from a Server Admin point of view.

VOIP is fine - I just kick the players who spam use it repeatedly, that's it.

I can't see this game becoming a full blown experience when you can't communicate with other people on the server you're playing on unless you're within shouting distance. Further issues this now brings up, is that my brother and I were playing on a server and came upon a weapon crate on the beach, which contained 1 of every single weapon in game + full combat load of magazines for them all, including guns not officially in the DayZ mod. We were then completely NOT able to communicate to anyone else on the server that some cheating bastard was running around.

please no.

no global talk. that doesn't even make sense.

this just happened twice, but not in the same places:

me and a buddy went inside a market.

side channel:

"you there in the market, leave now or i'm gonna kill you"

but we were in s sobor, and those tards were intimidating people in cherno.

I believe that there should be an option for the 'help chat'

I dont particularly care much for side chat, but i do see a great need for some chat that you could opt in to have/not have, to be able to answer newbie quesitons. How many times have there been "how do i eat?", "how do you bandage?" followed by "someone, please i'm dying, bleeding out... How do i bandage?" and i'm sitting there essentially watching him die over chat, not able to respond, because i have the Beta+1.7 and cannot use that channel anymore :)

Actually, I'd like Direct Comms to be the default chat, sometimes I log into a server and it's still on Group chat when I need to say something in a hurry.

I think it should be an option to turn it on (Server Side) or that everyone spawns with a radio communication. in order to use it, you have to equip it.

There is a point where Fun needs to be looked at too. Getting on a server where you cant talk anyone is like playing a standalone game. Opening up the configuration to accommodating Both the simulator and those wanting to have fun.

I can't see this game becoming a full blown experience when you can't communicate with other people on the server you're playing on unless you're within shouting distance. Further issues this now brings up' date=' is that my brother and I were playing on a server and came upon a weapon crate on the beach, which contained 1 of every single weapon in game + full combat load of magazines for them all, including guns not officially in the DayZ mod. We were then completely NOT able to communicate to anyone else on the server that some cheating bastard was running around.

[/quote']

Yes that's all fine and dandy but this game is supposed to BE REALISTIC. Not to make it easier for carebears. Get with it, man.

There could be a console channel that allows you to send messages to the admin, but I can't see how that wouldn't be abused all the time.

Got a problem, change servers or deal with it yourself.

I think it should be an option to turn it on (Server Side) or that everyone spawns with a radio communication. in order to use it' date=' you have to equip it.

There is a point where Fun needs to be looked at too. Getting on a server where you cant talk anyone is like playing a standalone game. Opening up the configuration to accommodating Both the simulator and those wanting to have fun.

[/quote']

I agree.

I understand why people would like to get rid of it to make the experience more *realistic*, but you are not going to stop people from communicating over TS and other 3rd party voice coms outside the game.

Since I don't have a bunch of gaming buddies I enjoy the global chat myself on smaller servers because it is a type of social interaction that has always been a part of PC gaming.

Also if there is going to be any incentive of trying to get people to at least communicate other than playing bean wars shooting each other then taking out the global chat out isn't going to do it.

Turn it off as default.

I like the idea that chat is off for everyone until they find a radio; not sure if it can be implemented though.

bring side channel back, it would own seriously. Its kinda boring now, I liked chatting globally, and atleast make it a server option so you can choose if you want it or not. But it was really good and if you had problems like debug forest or saw a hacker you could use that channel to tell the admin. But I mostly want it for chatting, it was quite good when you were walking a long way to something like NW airfield and you had someone to talk with over that channel. Please rocket bring it back.