Sign in to follow this  
The_Weasel

UK207 is no longer available, replaced with standard Arma 2 server

Sorry everyone, but fed up. Playing DayZ is pointless.

Yeah, yeah, I know its alpha. But neglecting your community drives people away.

So UK207 is now a regular Arma2 server, we will be installing the Rubber mod for warfare on it in the next few days. We'd like to see our regular players give Warfare a try, its great fun.

DayZ was fun while it was playable, but so many ignored bugs and so many hackers. Sorry rocket, you let us down for far to long.

Way to alienate your community buddy, I hope you learn from this.

• Like 1

You don't know the difference between to and too. ...

Dry your eyes mate, nobody will care.

We've been playing Arma OA recently, very enjoyable. I'll try and get the fellas to drop in for a battle one night.

You don't know the difference between to and too. ...

Dry your eyes mate, nobody will care.

Wow. Ever heard of a typo? What a nice guy you are. I'm sure your correction of every tiny mistake gets you all the girls.

Or perhaps it doesn't which is why you spend your time correcting spelling mistakes on forums.

I bet it makes you lots of friends.

Wow. Ever heard of a typo? What a nice guy you are. I'm sure your correction of every tiny mistake gets you all the girls.

Or perhaps it doesn't which is why you spend your time correcting spelling mistakes on forums.

I bet it makes you lots of friends.

From the few posts i've seen from him he just goes around thread to thread putting his worthless 2 cents in, one player i can guarantee won't be missed if stopped playing.

I actually spend most of my time in game helping other players. I love this game and just love watching all of the impatient nuggets such as OP walking through the door into pastures new. You're nothing more than an impatient child stamping his feet and throwing toys around because Mommy hasn't brought you juice as fast as you demanded. Have you ever developed a standalone game with a team of 3 developers, whilst attempting to keep the Alpha Mod up to date as possible AND answering millions of variations of the same fucking question? I'm guessing no. So how can you sit there and say he's neglecting... from what I've seen, Rocket has done a hell of a lot to keep us informed. Maybe you're just angry because he isn't ringing you every night giving you a 1 to 1 low down?

Nump, how's that for 2 cents? You bell. I'd say from the amount of cans of beans I'm flooded in currently that my posts are quite popular. I'll just check yours...

Edit: I'm sure your sweet childish tears and impatience win you just as many friends as my sticking up for the game does.

Edited by Jim Bean
  • Like 1

I agree with Jim, they've been busy getting hype for the standalone, now it seems they've attended all the major events, we can look forward to seeing regular updates again!

• Like 1

I agree with Jim, they've been busy getting hype for the standalone, now it seems they've attended all the major events, we can look forward to seeing regular updates again!

This. Although it will just get brushed off mate. These defeatist types will just dampen your hope with their sweet tears.

I just wish they would actually quit without the "LOOK AT ME BEFORE I LEAVE" bullshit.

Huh, I put a post up to let the community know the server is no longer available and to express disappointment in how broken the system is.

You start by insulting me, then hijack the thread for your own agenda.

I'm not angry at anyone, I loved DayZ for a long time. I am disappointed it was left broken for so long (it still is by the way, very broken) and expressed that disappointment.

However, I'd like to point out how full of rage your post is. You sound like a very angry young man and working your way to an early death.

Have fun raging at strangers on the internet. I am sure your words really get to anyone under the age of 18. However, I am far to old and wise to take your words to heart, I could not care less about you or your opinion.

Oh, by the way. Saying things like "I assume" and "isn't ringing you every night" shows how you are interpreting peoples statements to fit your own mindset and what you believe they are saying. You lose the debate then, because you are behaving like a child, you can't be taken seriously. Your like any "believer" in something, you can't stand the idea that anyone can have an opinion other than your own. Thats fine, have fun. But don't expect to convince anyone with your arguments as you can't keep assumptions and personal insults out of it. Its amusing to compare you to current political situations like the teaparty, you make assumptions about your opponent and use that as an attacking position. Please have more consideration about what you are saying and put together well constructed arguments, otherwise I just can't take you seriously. If I were a bitch I'd have constructed this post in order to troll you, make you angrier and push you further to that early death, but honestly I just feel sorry for you, deeply sorry. I hope time and experience grants you wisdom and you do better in life in future, but I don't have much hope for you right now and that makes me sad.

• Like 2

Oh whoops, I did the too/to mistake again. I won't edit the post as that looks suspect.

Agreed with Weasel, as a /former DayZ/ regular player on UK207 amongst other things, I approve the shutdown; as too many script-armed stillborn children disrupt the fair play of others, and the general stance of some, drawing the "alpha mod" card just gets tiring.

See you at the next complete engine rewrite yall!

--clima

Edited by climatex

This. Although it will just get brushed off mate. These defeatist types will just dampen your hope with their sweet tears.

I just wish they would actually quit without the "LOOK AT ME BEFORE I LEAVE" bullshit.

Rocket has literally just confirmed my previous comment :D Announced hotfix 1.7.2.6 released today! Yay!

I really wish attention whore threads were against the rules. The "I am announcing that I am going to stop playing DayZ. Here ye here ye!" threads in general are just annoying. The same thing with server admins who announce on their pedestal that they are shutting down their server. Absolutely nothing productive comes out of these threads and it serves only to have the original poster have the biggest smug look ever as they type away about how them being unable to tolerate DayZ Mod's misgivings is a "blow" to the mod.

Most MMO forums have such a rule against pointless "goodbye" threads and lock those threads immediately. I wish DayZ would adopt a similar forum policy.

Pretty please, forum crew? Please?

• Like 1

Ever heard of free speech?

Your on the internet pal, get used to it.

So what should I have done? Shut it down silently and ignore posts saying "Hey where has my favorite server gone?"

Its a service to the community to communicate with them and let them know changes like that.

Its a real shame this place is full of people like Venthos and Jim, who are the equivalent of religious zealots with the ideology of "How dare you say a bad word about my favorite toy"

And begging for censorship is far worse. It just shows how out of touch with history and reality you are, that you would beg for this.

Actually to draw a more apt comparison.

Your like climate change deniers. You full well know what the problem is, but because you can't deal with any criticism you resort to personal attacks and censorship.

FOR SHAME!

The same thing with server admins who announce on their pedestal that they are shutting down their server.

Can serve a purpose, stops the "where has such a such server gone?"

• Like 1

TL;DR - stop crying your heart out buddy. You'll cry yourself to an early vagina.

I'd say you need to stop taking a game so seriously, you're spending way too much time writing your little bye bye blog here.

So if your to/too mistake was a typo then what about the repeated your/you're mistake you keep making....

You'll cry yourself to an early vagina.

Is that possible? The dichotomy of a smiling urchin and your vile posts isn't lost on many people.

Ha ha ha, this is just funny now, your quite obviously batshit insane Jim.

My post must have really gotten to you, the only response you have is grammar and spelling.

I am BEAMING with pride that I have upset you so much.

I hope I have cut a few months of your life, pushing you further to that heart attack that your destined to have.

There is nothing funnier then outwitting a troll and your response shows that I have done just that.

You brought a smile to my face today, thanks!

TL;DR - stop crying your heart out buddy. You'll cry yourself to an early vagina.

I'd say you need to stop taking a game so seriously, you're spending way too much time writing your little bye bye blog here.

So if your to/too mistake was a typo then what about the repeated your/you're mistake you keep making....

I though you said you didn't read it? I am well aware of how to use an apostrophe in the possessive/non-possessive.

I DID IT ON PURPOSE TO TROLL THE SHIT OUT OF YOU BOY

EVEN FUNNIER

Look in the mirror buddy... Who is taking what seriously?????

ROFL ROFL ROFL