Searry

"Waiting for server response"

Today I must have waited for at least an hour to get on _any_ of the servers... I am quite patient, but isn't this a bit too much? Does anyone know what the problem is?

A guy waiting in one of the servers said that there were problems with resolving the character database or something related to that and so it was just infinitely hanging. It was happening last night for a while and now this morning too.

Is it just kicking you out just befor you joined? cause i just downloaded the game and it doing that to me and im sure that i installed it rght and it kicks me out and says waiting for character to create

I was also on last night when this started and it was hit or miss if you could join a server or not. The Waiting for Server response was coming up on any server but it wouldn't disconnect you if you were already in game.

Good to know. I haven't played since the last patch came out due to this same problem. I thought it was my internet, but I was still getting a high mb/s stream.

Just a heads up, it's doing it again for me at least, after an hour or so of playing. It loads right the way through to waiting for server response and then hangs again on every server I try to join.

edit: it did this after switching from bandit to survivor humanity-wise in game. I rejoined to get rid of the black screen message and now every server has me stuck.

Can someone who knows this game well confirm wether this is a server side issue? If there is something I can do on my end about this that would be great.

Same Issue the server is down where the hell are the admins for the server!?

This is an issue with the whole database when a lot of players are online and loading/saving their characters. The server can sometimes get all wonky and not let anyone load during these times as it is at the limit. It has been said before and I'll say it again, this is an alpha, everything is not perfect, remember the Minecraft alpha?

The battleye fix posted above didnt work, iv reinstalled it several times in a bunch of different ways. I even went to the battleye website and took the dll from there. Still not able to connect to any servers. Getting "Waiting for server response."

Just wanted to confirm, it's happening to me, too. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow morning, since I'm in Europe the number of players should be smaller then. I guess the DayZ team has some expanding to do...

This was a problem yesterday that seemed to resolve itself, but it would appear to be back now as well. Time is Saturday, 5:49 est.

people are dropping from servers in droves because they cant get past the waiting for server response. some waited up to 30mins before leaving. Trying to get my friend in to this game and I got d/c before we met up. he made it to the town where we were gonna meet up and couldnt get past the waiting for server response.

*sadpanda*

Yep, from what I've seen the vast majority of people are experiencing this. I managed to get into a hardcore server just fine, then stupidly left because I wanted third person view. I haven't been able to connect since then.

UPDATE:

Not sure if this is just a coincidence in timing or if it's an actual fix, but things started working for me after simply deleting and re-extracting the mod files contained in @DayZ/Addons.

Would love to hear from actual devs on what would cause this issue. Most people seem to claim that it's the database server that causes the delay, so the suggestions to re-install BattlEye or the mod seem a little superstitious/coincidental...