electroban

US 1872 PC Gamers.net Both admins cheating

If you edited your mission file at all, you're violating the rules: "You must not edit your server files in anyway..." If you have group set up so that everyone can hear it while in-game, then you likely edited your mission file.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

"There are no rules for server administration, we opened this up" A direct quote from Rocket himself September 18th 2012, right here -- http://dayzmod.com/f...ng/page__st__20 2nd to last post. We had to edit server files so that we could get text, & voice chat to work, so please stop arguing that we are violating the rules here, because we are not, not everyone can hear group chat ingame, only at a 100-200m radius. We have people here who work very hard to keep hackers from our server, to keep our servers up to date, & more that make sure voice chat and other features on our servers running properly. Many of the people in our community have IT backgrounds, or are self taught in the IT field, either way we know what we are doing here, & this is not against the rules. If you want to continue to dispute this then just wait 1-2 weeks our Public server is being replaced by our Whitelisted, Private hive Chernarus, & we already have a Whitelisted Private Hive Lingor.

We are not paid for the work we do here, & we are simply trying to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone. So please If you want to try to say we are breaking the rules look for another server, because I'm sure there are a lot more servers out there that have much more heavily modded server files than ours. But either way according to Rocket, all rules are off.

Edited by Kyreaper

http://dayzmod.com/f..._20#entry871119

You've taken that quote out of context. When the post is read in full, it's obvious he's talking about the use of private hives. If he really meant that there are no rules, they'd probably be taking down the stickies about rules by now.

Originally your guy said the following:

i'd also like to inform you that our in-game voice chat and text chat is now working to communicate to us in game.

As it would be pretty hard to communicate to the admins while in-game if you must be within 100-200m, I assumed he must mean some sort of global chat.

If you have any chat that all living players in the game can see or hear, that's what's against the rules. Group chat normally only works in the lobby. Vehicle chat normally only works with others in the same vehicle, and direct chat normally only works at a short range.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

none of this matters.

how are you an admin of us 303 and do not know that your server.cfg file has a variable which enables and disables in-game communication? every damn server online has this enabled and is a default option. it just so happened our host had it off by default and it took us awhile to realize it....

disableVON=0

Edited by pcgnBobo
  • Like 1

As it would be pretty hard to communicate to the admins while in-game if you must be within 100-200m, I assumed he must mean some sort of global chat.

If this is against the rules I'd like to see a forum moderator tell us that, But as Bobo has said it's a simple variable that you enable........ Our server connected to the main hive is going to be gone in less than 1 week, there's no point in you arguing with us over this Magotchi. Please go away now we've heard what you have to say, & it's just that an assumption.

Also thank you Rob, for stepping in when you did.

Edited by Kyreaper

I'm not still telling you it's against the rules, and I haven't been for a few posts now. If you just have disableVON=0, that's of course fine. I only said it's against the rules to have any sort of in-game global chat. Your admin implied you had global chat by saying that the players in the server could communicate with your team, and the only way that would have made sense is if he were referring to some form of global chat.

If this is the wild wild west rocket intended it to be, then call me one-eyed growly and I have no patience for insolence

"impertinent behavior or speech"

impertinent = not pertinent or relevant; irrelevant: an impertinent detail

Edited by pcgnBobo

" We have people here who work very hard to keep hackers from our server, to keep our servers up to date, & more that make sure voice chat and other features on our servers running properly. Many of the people in our community have IT backgrounds, or are self taught in the IT field, either way we know what we are doing here, & this is not against the rules.

Your admins do not work hard enough because apparently you have a few inside your community that think its ok to hack. And now its apparently ok to ban for illegitimate reasons.

Edited by lothane

Please point out any of us that hack? None of us hack, & most of us have known each other for a few years now. PCGN - Has always been a hack free community, when we did find a hacker the termination of them from our community may not have been pleasant but they where out none the less we do not condone hacking in any way. So please Indulge me, & the other admins at PCGN who is hacking inside our group?

You where also banned because you where bypassing battleye, we have more than enough reason to ban you - You, & Your friend where banned for very legitimate reasons, we have witness's that came forward even describing to us in detail what you had done, & confirming our suspicions hence the reason you are banned. We are not obligated in any way to share any proof, or evidence from our own private logs with you, or your hacker friend.

Your continued prying into this subject, & the way you spoke to us on Teamspeak also makes all of us wonder, do you want to know why you where banned because you feel you where wrongfully banned, or because you want to know what you did wrong so that you won't get caught in the future?

Either way if you want to appeal you ban on our server wait 6-8 days & then our public server will be gone because we are finishing maintence on our private hives just before we launch them.

We already have a solid 20+ Applications in, & more that have been promised to us from a few clans for our private hives so if you still wish to continue this arguement please enlist a Forum Moderator's help of some sort to step in, because I am not going to reply, to you any further than this, & none of our staff will either. If a Forum Mod steps in we would be more than happy to explain the situation involving your ban to him, & maybe then he will convince you to stop trying to persecute us.

As for now just play on one of the many other servers!!! If anyone reading this is interested as well apply to be whitelisted at www.pc-gamers.net , & as a final note We do not hack, We do not condone hack's in any way shape or form, We have no one here who would hack, & If any one of us is indeed hacking post it. However in my own opinion you are pissed because you got caught hacking while sniping in Elektro, & your just raging - We had every right to ban you, you will not be gaining access to any of our future servers, so please Forget us, Leave us alone, & Stop bothering the forums with the lies you are spewing.

If the hackers you speak of are Bobo, & Fire, from this topic they have proven more than enough in Page 1. the kills where legitimate, there are bio's written by Bobo himself explaining exactly what, & how he did what he did to kill "Electroban", & how they recovered there gear so fast. We spent many hours gathering our rare gear such as Rangefinders, NVG, etc... That "Electroban" points out as proof we are hacking. Read this entire thread, & maybe you will see we are actually legitimate players Lothane. If you wish to continue this discussion as I said before I have spoken my peace here, & I will not participate in it any further than this unless told to by a Forum Moderator (or someone with higher status). Until then, It has not been a pleasure meeting or knowing you, I wish you the best of luck in the future in other servers maybe they won't catch you hacking as we have :).

Oh, & PS you forgot to mention when we gave you a chance after you came to us in teamspeak, after your connecting again all you did was shoot our admins in the back and drop from our server and TS, calling us fags as your disconnecting. That's not a great way to try to work it out & get your ban appealed with out admins.

Best of luck to you, & your friend in the future,

Kyreaper.