Sign in to follow this  
BillyBobJoe (DayZ)

Helicopter Crash Site Smoke/Burning

Hey guys, I searched the forum with no real success. Sometimes, I can see smoke from crash sites, but it's only been a few times out of many. One of my friends says he sees the smoke almost every time. I have another friend who says he never sees smoke and didn't know they smoked.

Is this a server error, general bug? Any ideas what to do? Not a huge deal but it makes finding crashes a bit easier.

Thanks.

EDIT* Typo

Edited by BillyBobJoe

I think they are only on fire/smoking after a server restart.

i.e as the server has just started...the helis have just "crashed".

May be wrong...but it makes sense from what i've seen.

Depends on which server I'm on if I see it or not 90% of the time I don't see it at all. It might be only private hives I see smoke on but I can't be 100% certain. Sometimes at night I've seen crash sites light up a whole area like the Northern Lights, other times I can almost walk into one at night and see nothing.

Does anyone get the same with burning sounds at crash sites? Sometimes there, and soemtimes not?

Sorry Geordie, I spotted a wreck site immediately on a live server restart today (actually crapped myself when it spawned 500m away from me since it wasn't there 5 minutes before reset :) ) and sadly it had no smoke at all for me.

I believe when you are driving vehicles you see a lot of smoke from all of them (none of the passengers could see the smoke though)

I'd love to know what causes this as well, our graphics settings, a server setting?

I play on my friend's server mostly. The other day, immediately after server restart I saw to crashes smoking so that would make sense. But there have been a few times where immediately after a restart I didn't see anything.

The sound effects usually take about 60 secs from coming within 30-50m.