Zombie Jesus

Tired of whine posts, well here is another

We were spoiled early by Rocket and now, like spoiled children, we're accustomed to a ridiculous standard and pout and throw a fit when it's not met.

We were spoiled over the summer by almost weekly (sometimes daily!) patches and regular feedback and interaction from Rocket.

How many mods and games offer that? I've played games that went years between patches with barely a word from the devs other than "Here's the new patch" when it's released. No feedback, no engaging of the player base directly at all, no word of future patches, and no support at all.

We've gone a few weeks(!) with no update and relatively little feedback (think he might be busy with something???) and the forums are full of rage. Rage over something they didn't and haven't paid a penny for.

During alpha stage?

During alpha stage?

No during the beta stage. Whenever someone feels like voicing their opinion on the game and on what should possibly be done and their is a hint of rage in the wall of text everyone just automatically assumes that person is "bitching". You ever think someone decided to make a thread about how they felt because the other hundred thousand players who play the game might feel the same way? Also i don't see how you cussing out other players in the forum makes you mean, it just makes you sound illiterate.

No during the beta stage. Whenever someone feels like voicing their opinion on the game and on what should possibly be done and their is a hint of rage in the wall of text everyone just automatically assumes that person is "bitching". You ever think someone decided to make a thread about how they felt because the other hundred thousand players who play the game might feel the same way? Also i don't see how you cussing out other players in the forum makes you mean, it just makes you sound illiterate.

I'm just saying that communication and frequent updates (even if they break things) are normal for alpha/beta.

I've had all of the above happen including the falling of a ladder while rec' artifacts. That being said I quit the after the first four days on not being able to properly play and restarted after about ten with a whole new outlook i changed my style of play and adjusted to the idea of many possible things can go wrong I've been alive 37 days and couldn't be happier with this mod i'll never stop liking the concept and I feel it will only get better with time. Quick fixes can result in bigger issues so i'm on board with being patient who knows what lies in the future for this mod and hope everyone else is enjoying it as much as me.

I'm just saying that communication and frequent updates (even if they break things) are normal for alpha/beta.

Are you saying that the lack of communication and frequent updates are normal for alpha or beta or the reverse? It may be normal for him not to communicate with the community on how hes doing on the next patch but what i believe is getting under peoples skin is that hes not communicating with the dayzmod.com/forum, but yet hes answering and posting on reddit.com,doing interviews and releasing some information to the websites who are doing the interview.

Edited by keosan24

Wait...

It's not like he's obliged to fix bugs.

...but he is obligated to communicate with us on the schedule you demand?

Wow, that makes perfect sense now.

Are you saying that the lack of communication and frequent updates are normal for alpha or beta or the reverse? It may be normal for him not to communicate with the community on how hes doing on the next patch but what i believe is getting under peoples skin is that hes not communicating with the dayzmod.com/forum, but yet hes answering and posting on reddit.com,doing interviews and releasing some information to the websites who are doing the interview.

Nonono, the guy I was replying to said we are spoiled because we've had regular updates and feedback and then asked what other games do that. I only said that it's how alphas/betas are supposed to look like. At least the open ones. I mean that there should be at least some communication.

Wait...

...but he is obligated to communicate with us on the schedule you demand?

Wow, that makes perfect sense now.

You are not too bright, are you?

He's not obligated to do anything. I'm not demanding anything, I'm in no position to do that. Rocket doesn't have to fix the bugs. If he'll fix the bugs, he'll do it because he wants to. That's why you can't just assume he'll do that. He might just not give a shit about them. I don't know what's he's gonna do. But when you tell something to a guy 1000 times and he doesn't respond you assume he doesn't give a shit not that he's secretly working to fix everything.

And "schedule I demand"... give me a break. You either have absolute 0 reading comprehension or are a troll. Because it's just hard to believe someone would be so illogical and be able to use a computer.

I see it as a matter of pride in ones craft. Rocket released a patch that broke the game. What do us professionals do when we F-ck up at work? We get it fixed ASAP.

I realize this is an alpha. But when a feature such as humanity is doing stuff like deleting everyones back pack and going up and down randomly... maybe its not team to release that for public testing? Im sure a code jockey could test that in 10 minutes on his own. "Oh jeez rocket I played for 10 minutes and noticed my humanity went up to 2500 then down to -500 and it deleted my backpack" But no. I get the feeling the DayZ team spent a week or two partying it up and then slammed 1.7.2.5 together in one night and released it without even a simple boot-up test.

1 million players arent needed to find OBVIOUS bugs. Lots of players are used for testing gameplay dynamics.

Well we cant test Rockets gameplay ideas we keep having to log out to fix graphic glitches which have been around for SEVERAL patches now.

In the next patch I'm looking forward to losing a built up character to glitched out dogs that will chase me into a graphics glitch where ill break my legs on a door, and then have my backpack eat my morphine. Or I'll change skins randomly and my friend won't recognize me and blast me.

I'm not asking for POLISH Im asking for some basic god damn playability. Cause this game is damn fun.

Nonono, the guy I was replying to said we are spoiled because we've had regular updates and feedback and then asked what other games do that. I only said that it's how alphas/betas are supposed to look like. At least the open ones. I mean that there should be at least some communication.

ah well it wouldn't harm to have at least some communication with your community as a developer. Well the alphas could vary alot and depending on how well the developers do they may only need a couple of patches to actually fix the problems the game may have or they may release alot. As for the graphical glitches people should be able to voice there opinion but at the same time understand that its not a recent mod patch causing the glitches its a arma patch and that the possible fixes rocket may have for them might work for some people and might not work at all.

I just fucking love how you people twist what I said when I bring the list up. Last time a mod did it. He said I want a red phone in the corner of my room calling every time rocket farts.

I don't want them to constantly post. I just would like to see that the feedback doesn't fall on deaf ears. A list of known issues updated once a week or 2 weeks would really let people know that the devs are listening and it would clean this forum up.

And why do people think devs are ignoring it all? Because even with all those duplicate threads all we hear is dogs and standalone. If you'd keep telling someone you know about something he does wrong for a month and he would never say that he's gonna change it, would you think he's going to change or that he stopped listening to you a long time ago?

The BF3 had it right. In their suggestion forum they had "not planned", "considered", "planned" and "implemented" labels. And in their bug report forum they had "known issue" and "fixed" labels. It really helped. But yeah they had the manpower. So instead of that, a list that takes 10 minutes to updated every week or two would be great.

It was me that said maybe you should have a big red phone in your room that rings every time Rocket farts. To put it in context it was in a long QQ thread about the lack of patches and updates. With hindsight I shouldn't have aimed it at you as you were one of the few people on that thread making any sense. Please accept my apologies.

Edited by Fraggle

at this point, with that many players,

Players

It is always sad to see in games, (in my view), beginners, whiners, and players who think they are good, barely and left the average, that are talking and thinking of others who are outside any of these groups, players hardcore, who do not think on the side of "playing for fun"

Gamers will be heard, right or wrong, will always be heard, most wins, any company wants profit, a well-meaning person does not change the policy of a company, a well-intentioned player does not change a game

this is the future of this game, and any other

No matter how reasonable thing is, if the majority of customers do not like it, will be changed

I stopped worrying about the path of any game that I like, people do not like to think beyond himself