unionjakk

As50 tws is it hacked??

Found this at nw airfield on hull uni server and dropped my camo sdv. Thought it was best find of all time and honestly did not know it was not a real gun till like 5 mins ago when I googled it to see loads of people saying its hacked I haven't even fired it yet.

Problem I have now is I have logged out and if I log back in will I get banned for having it??

If I log in and drop it it means I am now at north west airfield with just a pistol!!

So I am stuck I need to either sacrifice my character and take the gamble I can just run and find a gun or keep this cheater gun till I find one but risk getting banned from my favourite game.

Advice please anyone????.

Everyone uses the AS50 TWS. Join the club. You will not be banned for it.

Edited by WooTs
  • Like 1

You are already at the NWAF, just drop it and find another gun. I dont think you will be banned and even so maybe you can do something about it...but dont get your hopes up.

go on server with 1-2 players, drop weapon, find new one and continue playing on other servers

Little punk ass admins that ban for the As50 TWS need to grow up because they are not following the Rules of Dayz

Little bitch players who leech off our good will need to dig deep and rent their own servers.

• Like 2

You will not be banned for using it Union. However, if you can find a replacement, you may feel led to dump it in a field or somewhere to remove it from circulation. That would be the honorable thing to do.

• Like 1

Little bitch players who leech off our good will need to dig deep and rent their own servers.

FYI I do have my own server.... Leech Please I will never QQ about a gun when its clear you have no clue how to use it

Edited by Wells73

Found this at nw airfield on hull uni server and dropped my camo sdv. Thought it was best find of all time and honestly did not know it was not a real gun till like 5 mins ago when I googled it to see loads of people saying its hacked I haven't even fired it yet.

Problem I have now is I have logged out and if I log back in will I get banned for having it??

If I log in and drop it it means I am now at north west airfield with just a pistol!!

So I am stuck I need to either sacrifice my character and take the gamble I can just run and find a gun or keep this cheater gun till I find one but risk getting banned from my favourite game.

Advice please anyone????.

As all the exploiters and cheaters will tell you, Rockets says we can use hacked weapons so we will.

Use some common sense, if you find out the weapon is not a legit weapon in the game, drop it and get another.

Any SA that wants to keep the game play fair on their server will ask you to discard the weapon or face being kicked/banned.

You will not be banned for using it Union. However, if you can find a replacement, you may feel led to dump it in a field or somewhere to remove it from circulation. That would be the honorable thing to do.

Beans for asking him to do the honorable thing.

Saying he will not be banned is not completely correct, many SA's will do it since the weapon is not a legal weapon in the game.

Everyone uses the AS50 TWS. Join the club. You will not be banned for it.

You will on our server, after a kick and a warning to drop it elsewhere. Scripted in weapons are disruptive however you got them and if you will willingly use something you know isnt supposed to be in the game what else would you do..

• Like 2

The AS50 TWS actually used to be a legit weapon many moons ago until it was stopped from spawning. However, it's pretty safe to say any floating around now are either duped copies of the original or straight up hacked in. You won't be banned for using hacked weapons, but that particular one is trolling on a new scale. It's like shooting fish in a barrel frankly and I imagine you'd get bored with it quickly.

The concept of "dump it in a body to get it out of circulation" is a nice thought, but at this stage a little naive. While it's doing your small part to help and if everyone did their small part it would make a big difference -- It's like you being on the titanic and trying to bail out water using a tea cup.

A hacker can log on a server and spawn in 5,000 of those with the run of a script so it doesn't matter what well meaning sacrifices you make at the end of the day. You'd prolly get server banned by an admin for using that weapon for being a hacker, which frankly isn't too far off the bat.

Server admins get away with all manner of bullshit like locking down servers, hoarding all the vehicles, kicking or banning people to suit their needs. But I have to say banning someone for using an extremely OP most likely hacked in weapon is one of the actions I wouldn't moan about.

Edited by itputsthelotion

First off: the AS-50 was NEVER legit in DayZ, no matter how often this is repeated, it's not true. There was a M107 TWS in DayZ with a veeery rare spawn chance, but it was removed very fast again because it was considered to be unfair. The chance of legit M107 TWS still being around is ultra-low, as the number of legit ones was around <10 back then according to a staff post. The AS-50 TWS was never legitimatly in DayZ and claiming it was, simply is not true. It was always hacked.

From my point of view, using hacked in equipment is cheating, as it offers an advantage the legit players don't have. Especially the AS-50 TWS is very unfair, as you can headshot people a mile away that won't even see you. How is that NOT unfair? Because veryone can use a AS-50 TWS? Oh well, with that logic hacking is not unfair as everyone can get those scripts as well if he wants to. Either you are for or against hacking/cheating. If you re against it, you might as well start playing legit yourself first before you rage about the hackers.

Rocket said you won't be banned by DayZ for using hacked equipment. But a server admin might as well ban you for having it. Saying "Just use it, 'everyone' does, so join the club!" is bullshit IMHO. There are tons of hackers out there, shall we join their club too? Shouldn't we all fight the unfairness, hacking and cheating in this game together?

I never used hacked equipment and I will destroy it whenever I find it. And I support all server admins who ban for having non legit weapons in DayZ. The argument "But I didn't know it's not legit!" is no excuse. It's not in RL justice and it's not in my books. But I'd still offer a warning on a server with a link to a legit weapon list. If players then still use non legit weapons because they are too lazy to check, it's their fault.

This game is so full of cheaters already, there is really no need to join the club just because others can't play fair themselfs. Banning those cheaters on a server is a good thing to do. Then at least all the legit players on that server can try to enjoy the game.

BTW: Here are the server rules.

11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

Unless this paragraph is altered, server admins do indeed have the right to ban cheaters who use hacked in weapons if they have proof they used it (and the logs are proof).

TL;DR: Using hacked equipment might not get you a global ban in DayZ (and that's what Rocket answered!), but a server admin can indeed ban you according to the above paragraph for using it!

Edited by System98
  • Like 1

FYI I do have my own server.... Leech Please I will never QQ about a gun when its clear you have no clue how to use it

What difference does that make? Silly boy.

Thread is far too long.

NO you will not be banned unless you scripted it in.

/close

OK thanks for the comments guys!

But think this could get a little off topic. I was asking really if I would be banned as soon as I logon and if not will I be banned if I shoot zombies when trying to find a replacement gun but I think it sounds like thats not the case but more if I kill somebody and they tell admin then admin will ban me.

I will do directors idea as this was kinda my intention anyway, I have had this life for a LONG time so really dont want to die! Will Crawl on a 0 or very low population server (which in a way I think is cheating in itself!) to the hangers and hopefully wont alert any zombies swap my gun and return to populated server like normal.

Keep fighting the good fight dudes and just for the record Hackers are inbread skum!

After you found a replacement, kill a Zombie, put the hacked gun on his body and then hide it. That way it will be gone and no other guy will be tempted to take it. The less of them are around, the better for the community.