Sign in to follow this  
Rybur

Bad Performance/FPS

Hello everyone I have tried everything to optimize DayZ but it keeps stuck between 12-20 FPS. My pc specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 210 silent

Ram: 3 GB DDR2

Motherboard: P5PL2-E

I would like to know if you have a way of increasing my FPS to 30+ i'm not asking much. I'm considering an upgrade on my hardware so give me some suggestions.

Probably not, my pc is a little better than that and it does the same thing. I think our pc's are just old and trash, lol.

The main problems you have are your CPU and graphics card, consider upgrading your CPU to a i5-2500k, and the graphics card to a ASUS GT520 Silent. The CPU is roughly £160, and the graphics card around £25, that should bring you up to 30, and with a extra gig of RAM, you might get 40-50

with that PC you're pretty much stuck on 12 fps, you'll have to use that until you get something better

A quad core AMD Phenom or similar (not sure what AMD chips are upto lately...i use Intel)

4 GB DDR3 Ram

And ATI Gfx card.

Decent motherboard .... gigabyte or asus or something similar.

Try this. around $500 if assembled yourself.

• Like 1

Look, I sometimes truggle to get 40-60 with i5-2500k/24GB-DDR3/AMDHD5870 - 1920x1080/very high everything except textures high - post normal - no MSAA - FXAA high(sharp)

So... there is that. ARMA2 is not even DX10/11 game so graphics is not streamlined much(really, dx10/11 is different from 9 in mostly optimalizations that allows modern games to produce great graphics with less demands on cputime/shader times) and engine is huge in what is calculated, therefore it is CPU load heavy.

You really cannot go much higher with FPS on your current setup.

OK, thank you guys for your support. I'm keeping my graphics card but I will change my processor to an AMD Phenom II X4 965, my motherboard to an ASUS MB M5A78L-M LX and switching my 3GB of DDR2 ram to 4GB of DDR3 ram. I hope it gets a better performance in DayZ and in other games that I play. In the future I might upgrade my graphics card.

Edited by Rybur

I used to play on my notebook 17'3 but I gave up beacuse of the low fps max 30 but normal around 18 fps.

I just brought a new pc, i7 2600k, 12GB RAM, Geforce 560 on very high settings max 17 fps LoL, normal settings 60 fps.

The game bowerser is even killing my new cpu now. I have got a load of 100% if I search for servers ( to complite it takes around 2 minutes) -> 4200 servers.

'very old' notebook:

• i7 2x 2,63 Ghz
  • 8 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 256 GB SSD
  • Geforce 330M 1GB VRAM

Edited by No Interleaving

I used to play on my notebook 17'3 but I gave up beacuse of the low fps max 30 but normal around 18 fps.

I just brought a new pc, i7 2600k, 12GB RAM, Geforce 560 on very high settings max 17 fps LoL, normal settings 60 fps.

The game bowerser is even killing my new cpu now. I have got a load of 100% if I search for servers ( to complite it takes around 2 minutes) -> 4200 servers.

'very old' notebook:

• i7 2x 2,63 Ghz
  • 8 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 256 GB SSD
  • Geforce 330M 1GB VRAM

I should slap you for calling that "old" :P