Soeg

All new users with problems: CHECK HERE

I made an acount just to do this tutorial, because the amount of help threads is very high. A frequent problem seems to be not being able to run CO, and I see a lot of help threads where the problem is caused by not running CO correctly.

In my tutorial I will include everything from setting up CO too installing and running the mod.

I know there is already a stickied tutorial thread but it does not include the things that most help threads are about.

I will explain for both retail and steam, and mixes of that, (like OA retail, arma 2 steam)

BOTH GAMES FROM STEAM:

The advantage here is that your games will be at the latest version automaticly.

The easiest way is this: Go to your arma 2 folder under steamapps, copy the addons folder inside (if you are not sure if you have the right one, check inside and it should show files like A-10.pbo etc) and paste it inside your arma OA folder MAKE SURE THAT YOU PASTE IT IN AN EMPTY SPOT INSIDE THE OA FOLDER. Now start up your arma 2OA. If steam asks you if you want to run CO, select run OA only. When you are at the main menu, go to expansions, it should now have an Arma 2 option if you pasted the addons folder correctly. Enable Arma 2 and restart your game. Check if Arma 2 is enabled under expansions now. If it is, good job! You now have a permament CO, if steam asks if you want to run CO or just arma 2 OA, always click just OA.

RETAIL: Update both games to the latest version using the official site. (for arma 2 you need to download 1.09 first and install it, because version 1.11 does not support version 1.00)

When succesfully updated follow the steam guide above (its the same thing, just copy the addons folder and paste it into OA, then start the game up and enable it)

MIXED COPY'S (example, arma 2 steam and retail OA)

The same as steam guide and retail, just dont update the one you have from steam as it will just auto-update.

INSTALLING THE ADDONS FOR DAYZ:

If you followed the previous steps you are now ready to instal the addons.

Make a folder called @dayz and make an addons folder inside. (the folders should be made in the OA folder) download all the dayz files and extract them into the addons folder inside the @dayz using winrar. You can now either create a seperate shortcut for dayz or you can do it my way. For the seperate shortcut go to the installation thread.

ALTERNATIVE:

Start up OA go to expansions, make sure arma 2 is enabled and then enable dayz. If you plan on only playing this or if you are lazy then this will be the best option.

Feel free to ask questions and tell me if I forgot something or when something is unclear. I putt a lot off effort in this. Hope it helps

STILL NOT WORKING?

Battleye might not have installed propperly if you have steam. Right click on OA trough the steam menu and press reinstall battleye

Make sure to check if the Steam version of Operation Arrowhead installed BattlEye properly. Mine didn't which was causing the problem.

What you have to do is copy the folder from ARMAII to your OA and place it there.

Nice guide, will probably help some people.

Bump because people still post problems that can easily be fixed

Bump, post if it helped to keep it going.

i tried this and it still keeps giving me a message that says some necessary files were deleted or something, it has to be the mod becasue its happening to alot of people please i only bought arma 2 CO for this mod, dont let it be a waste of $30 MODS!!!!!!!

Okay I think you probally did a step wrong. Let me ask you something first, do you have steam or retail? If you have retail make sure that BOTH ARMA 2 AND ARMA OA are up to date before you copy the addons file. then Make @dayz in the OA file AND EXTRACT ALL OF THE FILES USING A WINRAR LIKE PROGRAM, this may seem obvious, but I have litterly seen irl friends just pasting the downloads into the folder. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOD, IF IT DOES NOT WORK YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG. Make sure that the expansions are enabled. Arma wont recognize it magicly. Do not use the shortcut, just enable dayz and arma 2 in the expansions menu. If this doesnt help then tell me what files it says your missing

L

i pasted all the ad ons from arma 2 into the arma 2 OA folder, but arma 2 does not show up in the expansions when i open up OA, what did i do wrong? i have the steam version, i extracted everything right, i re installed the mod, it says dayz at the top right corner when i start the game, but when i try to join a dayz server it says "you cannot play/edit this mission because some files have been deleted"

Then atleast the mod is correctly installed, you messed up on the addons pasting part. As you wrote it, I think you just pasted all of the addons inside the folder, this is not correct. In the ArmA 2 folder it has a folder called addons, you need to copy the ENTIRE folder, not just the contents off the folder. So once again, Copy the entire addons folder from the arma 2 directory, and paste the folder into a empty spot within the OA folder. Then try to activate it under expansions.

You need put the DayZ files on main folder of ArmA:

Arma/@dayz/Addons/(the mod unpacked files)

A folder "Addons" inside "@dayz" folder.

No do not listen to him, he clearly did not read the guide and what he says will not help you at all. Joseups, if you dont know, then dont post

Jos putting it in the arma 2 folder wont work because you never actually run CO if you follow my guide, you only run arma2 as an addon.

Anyone interested in a performance increase thread? Let me know here

Ok I'm still having some trouble, I'll try and walk you through what I'm doing. I bought ArmA 2 CO retail and have them both fully up to date. I go to Computer - Local C Disk - Program Files - Bohemia Interactive - ArmA 2 then copy the AddOns folder. From there I can't find my OA folder to paste my files in. Not sure what to do.

Because you have co as the entire retail package, OA will automatically install into your arma 2 folder. Ill guide you trough the steps you should take: make the dayz folder in your normal arma 2 install. Extract everything propperly and then start up your game. Go to expansions and look if it has OA and arma2 enabled. If thats the case, then see if you can enable the @dayz in that menu. Start up the game again and look if they are now enabled. If you still cant join a server then let me know.

I made an acount just to do this tutorial' date=' because the amount of help threads is very high. A frequent problem seems to be not being able to run CO, and I see a lot of help threads where the problem is caused by not running CO correctly.

In my tutorial I will include everything from setting up CO too installing and running the mod.

I know there is already a stickied tutorial thread but it does not include the things that most help threads are about.

I will explain for both retail and steam, and mixes of that, (like OA retail, arma 2 steam)

BOTH GAMES FROM STEAM:

The advantage here is that your games will be at the latest version automaticly.

The easiest way is this: Go to your arma 2 folder under steamapps, copy the addons folder inside (if you are not sure if you have the right one, check inside and it should show files like A-10.pbo etc) and paste it inside your arma OA folder MAKE SURE THAT YOU PASTE IT IN AN EMPTY SPOT INSIDE THE OA FOLDER. Now start up your arma 2OA. If steam asks you if you want to run CO, select run OA only. When you are at the main menu, go to expansions, it should now have an Arma 2 option if you pasted the addons folder correctly. Enable Arma 2 and restart your game. Check if Arma 2 is enabled under expansions now. If it is, good job! You now have a permament CO, if steam asks if you want to run CO or just arma 2 OA, always click just OA.

RETAIL: Update both games to the latest version using the official site. (for arma 2 you need to download 1.09 first and install it, because version 1.11 does not support version 1.00)

When succesfully updated follow the steam guide above (its the same thing, just copy the addons folder and paste it into OA, then start the game up and enable it)

MIXED COPY'S (example, arma 2 steam and retail OA)

The same as steam guide and retail, just dont update the one you have from steam as it will just auto-update.

INSTALLING THE ADDONS FOR DAYZ:

If you followed the previous steps you are now ready to instal the addons.

Make a folder called @dayz and make an addons folder inside. (the folders should be made in the OA folder) download all the dayz files and extract them into the addons folder inside the @dayz using winrar. You can now either create a seperate shortcut for dayz or you can do it my way. For the seperate shortcut go to the installation thread.

ALTERNATIVE:

Start up OA go to expansions, make sure arma 2 is enabled and then enable dayz. If you plan on only playing this or if you are lazy then this will be the best option.

Feel free to ask questions and tell me if I forgot something or when something is unclear. I putt a lot off effort in this. Hope it helps

STILL NOT WORKING?

Battleye might not have installed propperly if you have steam. Right click on OA trough the steam menu and press reinstall battleye

[/quote']

I have a store bought copy of CO. I have added a @dayz folder to my arma2 directory where both games are installed. under @dayz i have addons and then the files for the mod. i load up the game and i am able to see the mod i have enabled it and restarted the game. now when i go to multiplayeer, i see the sever and click to load it up. it will load up to the briefing screen and then kick me. in chat a message pops up that says, "this sever is dependent on files that have been deleted. dayzweapon, dayzvehicle,..." i went back into the mod folder and they were still there. any ideas?

Soeg you seem to be the go to guy so here is my problem!

I already owned ARMA II and have just tonight bought Operation Arrowhead, both games bought from Steam.

now i have gone into this directory and made the following 2 folders for the mod

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@dayz\Addons

dragged all the rar files of the mod into the Addons folder and extracted into there, then deleted the rar files.

Downloaded the ARMA II Launcher - 1.4.0.0 that this guy mentions in his tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib73cBf_-Ys&list=LLiiSLK4xkBjF4f-8qNDXgLQ&feature=mh_lolz

When i open up the launcher and change the game version to ARMA II - CO in the drop down box at the bottom the dayz add on folder still doesn't appear.

I've gone to Steam and right clicked OA and launched CO from that which then finds dayz servers. I have clicked on any amount, i start to connect then i'm greeted with this message at the bottom of the server list : files deleted dayz_code dayz_equip dayz_vehicles and dayz_weapons.

Cheers for any help bud!

Ok so I created the @dayz folder with the Addons folder inside it in my ArmA 2 directory. I downloaded all of the files ( Not supposed to download the /old files, right? ) and used Winrar to extract them. When I dragged the downloaded files into my Addons folder it has a PBO file and BISIGN file for each download. I lauch my game and activate @dayz from the expansions menu. The game restarts as requested. I try to join a server and kicks me immediately for no given reason. I go and double check @dayz is activated, which it is. But a new expansion has showed up in the expansion menu. It is named DayZ (It is not activated). Sorry for the hassle, but I still can't see what I'm doing wrong.

sye73: Go to your arma 2 folder, copy the addons folder and paste it into your AO folder. Then start AO (not as CO and without a launcher) then go to expansions, and enable arma 2 and @dayz. Then restart as is asked. If both arma 2 and dayz or one of them are not in the list try installing the mod and/or copy and pasting the addons folder from the arma 2 folder again. If they are both enabled you should be good to go. Dont use a launcher again, just use the AO shortcut and never launch as combined ops. Update the mod files if it still doesnt work.

Chiefultimate: Remove the mod files and redownload them. Then extract them straight into the dayz addons folder instead of extracting and then dragging. Then start your game as CO. Go to the expansions and enable @dayz. Let me know if it works. Always start as CO. If you dont know how to launch as CO, go to your arma oa folder and it should have a file saying something with CO in the name. Do not take the lite one but take the normal one. Update your arma 2 and OA using the official arma2.com if you havent done that already.

mercofshadows: When you load up the game make sure arma 2 is also in the expansions list. As for the mod: Did you use winrar to extract the files into the dayz addons folder? If you did use one, then did you extract them straight into the dayz addons folder? Let me know if it worked. Btw make sure to update both arma 2 and arma OA to the latest version.

Let me know if it works.

Ok we've made a bit of progress. I launched OA only and joined a sever and I did not get kicked. It would retrieve the data and stop about 2/3 of the way on the loading bar. It did this for multiple servers. I then restarted OA and tried to join a server again, but it kicks me every single time now. I then proceeded to re-download all the files and extract them, but it still does not work.

Soeg,

I'm having the same exact issue as sye73. I've followed your instructions to a T and I'm still having the same exact issue. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong here.

I own ARMAII retail and OA on Steam. Both are updated to the latest version. I seriously thinking about begging Valve for a refund on OA so I can buy CO.

Bump bump derp

Mrwizzard: are tou sure the folder looks like this? Arma2OA/@Dayz/addons/extracted files?

I do everything on there, but when I try to run OA on Steam it just crashes saying "CBA ui.helper" or something like that. Also, on Six Updater (which I used to install the mods), it forces me to have CBA_OA and CBA_A2 recently, and always leaves a message in the corner saying "Warning: CBA.ui.helper duplicate in CBA_OA and CBA_A2."

Help? I really wanna play this mod.

Also, when I try playing from Six Updater, and after a while from joining a server, it says "BattleEye: Corrupted Memory #1".

Im having problems as well. I have a disc copy of Arma2 and a gamersgate copy of OA. After installing them both i updated with the 1.11 patch of the website. Then i made a Arma 2/@dayz/addons folder and placed the mod files there. When I launch OA i see the @dayz thing in the expansions tab and activate it. Then it has that activated but also a new Dayz thing which is not actiavted and i cant activate it as well as the old @Dayz thing. Any ideas?