twistoff

Under 100K active players

People stop playing DayZ because it's an alpha and there to thick to to see that and cuz there dog shit at the game.

Hackers are in every online game on PCs, sooner u idiots see this the better and who the fuck keeps count of how many players play a game??

Man you need a wife, dog, hobby and mayb a real car...not one in DayZ.

1 hacker in 2 months? ... either you are the luckiest person that has ever lived on the face of the planet, completely unaware of your surroundings, play on a private locked server... or play for 15 seconds at a time...

wait scratch that last one.. you'd have met a hacker if you did that. I watched Elektro blow up over and over today on a server that had 3 people...

pm me next time you find a hacker

ive seen 5 in over 2 months of playing, and 2 of them didnt even do anything to other players.

i really wanna see where theyre "not hiding" at

also

really cbb reading through this thread

but 2 weeks ago school in the US started

past few days school in canada started

yesterday college / university semester started

guid wars 2 was released

dark souls pc was released

diablo 3 got its 1.04 patch

tons of things are starting that obviously are going to take huge chunks out of # of players

That doesn't include Private Hive servers since they don't access the Hive d/base. we run our own server and never play on the public since they fucked the whole game with the last patch and tbh, if the new patch fixes things we'll stay private so we don't have to put up with hackers.

I agree that the bottom line is the hacking/scripting issues.The sad part is that item duping is basically the only thing that keeps me playing this mod right now, getting killed by some hacker cunt is far less frustrating when I know I can get my gear back from tents after the next restart.

The worst part about the scripting is by the sound of it they're not going to be able to do anything meaningful about it until standalone. That alone is what I think is going to kill the mod. They can add elements and bugfix all they want, but when a guy can drop nuclear cows on us all at any moment, people aren't going to want to play.

Omfg like go play CS:S or COD any other MMO on PCs and u have hackers...

A MOD is like a hack for the game so of course you can hack MODs alot easier.

I don't really see why all u PC players moan when u should know

im jus saying everytime i log into a random server now i either: 1- DONT HAVE MY GEAR 2- DEBUG forest, which makes me lose my STUFF 3-WTF is wrong with this DEV team... now my normal server us 1351 my group had 8 tents then all of a sudden BOOM i get on and every fucking one of them are gone.... with all my gear!!! THATS WHERE THE NUMBERS WENT. this is the 4th server we have moved to that has deleted tents... fuck this game

Edited by tnbskanky

Some people, like me, might have lost interest because of lack of things to do in the game.... not to mention hacker frustration, vehicle hoarding....

...and who the fuck keeps count of how many players play a game??

Well considering it's at the top of the game's webpage, I would say Rocket for one.

I never had any intention of slowing down my playtime on this game, and I've stopped playing all other games as a result of it.

So here I am one day about to get on. I sign into teamspeak on a private hive I play on. "Hey guys, whats up, where is everyone?"

"No fuck that shit lets rebuild a heli" "All the helis are hoarded" "No way man theres one on the island" "No I checked there" "Hey who has morphine?" "I can dupe you some but I'm halfway across the map" "okay get an ATV" "No the one I had disappeared on server restart" "I think I know where theres a car" "I just died can anyone pick me up and dupe me gear?"

And on and on and on....alright, well, I haven't played alone in awhile, maybe I'll give that a shot. Log into the other private hive where I play as a bandit killing everyone in elektro.

"Okay, theres a guy with nothing. No point in killing him....okay theres another guy with nothing....theres a guy with a makarov...screw this, Im bored, I'll kill them anyway. Okay, now they're dead. I guess that didn't really accomplish anything, and I'm getting bored of shooting people in elektro. I guess I'll explore the map".

"Theres a town....no point in looting because I have all the low tier gear.....another town....no point in looting"

Why am I playing this again?

I guess my next step will be to start playing as a hero and try helping people, but the initial draw is wearing thin. Survival is super easy. If you're not crazy into PVP, theres not much use for military gear, so once you have all the low tier gear I guess you just deathmatch in elektro or derp around doing stupid stuff with cars (which don't work and don't save).

I feel a combination of:

*Time of Year

*The ease of Duping

*Graphical Glitches

*Camps & vehicles getting wiped over server restarts

Killed the super keen players off.

I want to Build a big camp again where the tents actuallyhold our current gear :/ not rows of tents being used to farm weapons

I want to scavange restlessly to find parts for my vehicle which i know won't dissapear after a restart.

Thirdly I WANT TO GO HELI HUNTING OR RAID THE NW AIRFIELD.

However i have stacks of as50 & l85's & nvg & rangefinders...... why bother go raiding at all.

In the end 1.7.2.5 turned into arma 2 at electro & cherno.... and we all know how big arma 2 community was when dayz launched.....

I know .-.

This hype is quickly dying out.

:(

It's not so much that the hype is dying out, as the more populated servers are being rendered unplayable, and people are worried about getting their keys banned by hackers using other peoples' clients to execute scripts.

There will probably be even less players when FIFA 13 and the new CoD comes out. Saying that it will get rid of some codkiddies :P

Less players means less hackers ... :P I don´t see a problem here.

the hackes will leave the sinking ship last. and yes, the hype has wore off a little bit, and while duping/hacking is so easy, it drives many players away from the game.

pm me next time you find a hacker

ive seen 5 in over 2 months of playing, and 2 of them didnt even do anything to other players.

i really wanna see where theyre "not hiding" at

also

Really? I guess you are right.. me and the WHOLE forum must be making them up. It's all a massive well organized plot you fool you. U caught us. Me and the THOUSANDS of people that post here all met at Mcdonalds and formed a plot to trick you into thinking there was a HUGE hacker problem in the game. I feel ashamed you saw through our cleverly orchestrated plan.

You sir are a genius.

Now if you excuse me I have to go tell the 20 thousand other people that you are onto our plot.

...........wow... some people.

Here is some light reading for you.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/87481-my-last-4-hours-of-playing-day-z/

I'm sure you'll see through this ploy to trick you also.

Is all that sarcastic enough? sometimes I can't tell.

Hackers and Graphical issues seems to keep alot away. Before anything else is done those two things need to be fixed.

The game's popularity dying is probably the best thing that's happened to it. I'm not getting shot on sight anymore, and people are actually speaking to me. So far, everyone I've met has been really cool.

Really? I guess you are right.. me and the WHOLE forum must be making them up. It's all a massive well organized plot you fool you. U caught us. Me and the THOUSANDS of people that post here all met at Mcdonalds and formed a plot to trick you into thinking there was a HUGE hacker problem in the game. I feel ashamed you saw through our cleverly orchestrated plan.

You sir are a genius.

Now if you excuse me I have to go tell the 20 thousand other people that you are onto our plot.

...........wow... some people.

Here is some light reading for you.

http://dayzmod.com/f...-playing-day-z/

I'm sure you'll see through this ploy to trick you also.

Is all that sarcastic enough? sometimes I can't tell.

? im just asking where in plain sight theyre hiding at

nobody seems to know what servers, and i cant find them.

all i want to do is see them :(

i go through over 20 servers a night when i play and never see any

forever alone :(

Edited by Buffjesus

The game's popularity dying is probably the best thing that's happened to it. I'm not getting shot on sight anymore, and people are actually speaking to me. So far, everyone I've met has been really cool.

Hopefully warz will take away the last of the cod players. From the looks of it it's tailored just for them.

Teleporting hackers to players is fun. I like how the devs cant just disable script commands in the mod.