Overhang

How do I loot NW barracks solo?

I've played this game for some time now and I'm finding it more difficult to loot the NW barracks alone as more players become adapt the risk is increasing. I think my chance of death doing the raid is about 20% atm which frankly doesn't seem worth the risk.

Right now my tactic is to approach the airfield from the very north along the forest and out of view from the fence line. I then enter the airfield from right behind the barracks location and all I need to do is crawl about 60m to the barracks door. I always try and scout out before attempting the crawl but this still doesn't seem to save me all the time. All I want to do is loot the barracks and get the hell out of there.

Here is the entry path I take http://i.imgur.com/r1nB2.jpg

Do any other lone wolfs have any tips on reducing the risk? Teaming up isn't really an option btw

I usually only do it on servers with lower population, but the way I go about it is to just run in there, get whatever I need and run out. If there are snipers posted up, they will be able to shoot you quite easily if you try sneaking inside, as there is only one entrance and they only need to watch that one spot. This pretty much defeats the purpose of sneaking inside, unless there are players that are already inside, in which case a grenade usually does a very nice job. ^^

i actually avoid low pop servers since serv hoppers tend to go to those servers.

I go to a spot like 500m away from the airfield and look for zombies first. If there are no zombies(zombies spawn when there are players) i step in like a badass, but i still get killed sometimes :D

I take about the same route, but come in from Devils castle. I hit the barracks then the fire station and go through all 6 hangers then across to the other barracks. I don't even bother with the other 2 hangers or the warehouses. I keep an eye on the control tower and upper floor of the fire station at all times. I've died there once (that I can remember anyway) from a guy in the fire station. Only 'cause I went looking for a fight. He shot at me from the upper floor of the fire station and missed me 3 times at night. I went around to sneak up on him dodging Z's and whatnot. But he was already in the garage. I fired some shots, but in the end I died.

Anyway...Just be patient and keep an eye on places that might have campers. Kinda sucks though no matter what you do really someone could always just log-in standing right behind you, etc.

To answer the OP:

crouch while holding shift to sneek,. and smoke nades,. .all the loot will be yours

oh and one more thing, best to have a fair amount of ammo,. if you get aggro, get to the fire station and take the zeds down (avoid the tower itself if you have aggro due to the awkward vaulting maneuver you have to do to get in it)

EDIT:_ sorry didn't realize you were talking about the player element,. kinda just read title of thread

to answer that,. team up, or don't go to NW thinking you'll survive, .not that there's no chance of solo'ing it, .but expect to die

patience is your friend

Whenever I go to NWAF I completely ignore the hangars

It can only spawn basic AR15/AK variants, nothing fancy compared to my M16A4 ACOG with 10 STANAG mags

The only building I loot is the northern barrack

Scout for 5 minutes

Get in with the PDW on full auto

Loot equipment that's worth it(things like GPS, NVGs and high tier AR15s)

Get out

After every loot pile you should scan your surroundings and watch the door for a few seconds

Don't waste time by staring at the equipment screen for too long

Look at the loot pile, analyze the items that you can loot

If you need something grab it quickly and get back to a ready position

Southern barracks is a killzone, with corners and bushes everywhere

The 6 hangars can be shut down completely with one marksman on top of the firehouse

They are just not worth it unless when going in solo

the main problem doing it solo is to avoid agroing the Z's your going to have to crawl from hanger to hanger and if a sniper shoots at you... you cant shoot back without becoming zombie food [though you rarely get a chance as a crawling target]... my advice is get near to the wall so you know where your going and log out their then re-log at night! since upping your Gamma doesn't help anymore your pretty safe, stick to the sides of the hangers and crawl the whole time... you could use a glow stick but their next to useless and snipers will get into position and then turn theirs off so in their sights you look like casper the ghost! best not to use any aid! ^.^

I was with a friend on server with 5 or 6 people

We came to the NW airfield,

some one shot my friend to death with automatic sniper

and dropped my blood from 12k to 5k

and then disconnected because zombies ran to him

fucking moron.

What I mean is that not only you think about going to good loot places on server with low populations.

So going to low population server little less dangerous but still dangerous.

Play on low population servers. Problem solved.

Low population servers are actually more dangerous than high population servers

Simply because everyone is thinking "oh a low pop server, might take a trip to NWAF"

In a 50 player server you might encounter 1 or 2 of them going to the NWAF

In a 8 player server you can be sure that atleast 5 of them are traveling to the NWAF

The only exception is a low pop server with night time

If you are good at navigating through silhouttes, that's your best chance

Low pop is ok.

Try at night unless you fear night vision goggles.

My main recommendation is to find a hardcore server.

With labels, cross hairs, ranges and 3rd person off, it's much easier to move about.

With my experience with looting the barracks solo, wait until it's dark and hit the barracks closest to Vybor first, look for anything suspicious like dead bodies, listen out for flies but most importantly check each window in the barracks before entering you need to make sure that no one is in there when you enter and close the front door behind you! After every room you clear check the front door to see if it's still closed.

barracks closest to Vybor

The magic bench of surprises in that barracks. If bodies, forgetta bout getting over it. If Z are coming in, glitch to the roof. Close the door while vaulting it well...THAT DAMN BENCH! Good times.

Solo looting the NW barracks is probably the most tense things you can do.

I tend to find a lower pop server at night, crawl to the southen barack, check it out carefully.

Once I am happy there are no others about I go about emptying the barracks (slowly so I can hear anyone comming) once empty, leg it to the other side of the opposite building, hit the deck and wait a while (checking for respawns every now and then).

It's done me well so far, lately the only death I had from this technique was to a hacker (slayed me, was in a corner, keeled over witn -40k blood for no reason)

go at dusk, take it slow and enter from the back ignoring hangers (worked for me).

Or just go to an emptyish night time server, get to a central location (but out of the way) then jsut server hop.

There's rarely anyhting good in the barraks though as server hopers/ farmers tend to clear them out, firetower is a better bet.

I only do it:

1. At night.

2. When hardly anyone is on the server.

3. When I've dumped my most precious equipment in a tent prior to the raid so death doesn't mean I lose everything.

go at dusk' date=' take it slow and enter from the back...

[/quote']

Hurhurhur...

Solo looting the NW barracks is probably the most tense things you can do.

Thats the main reason I go to the NWAF!

go at dusk' date=' take it slow and enter from the back...

[/quote']

Hurhurhur...

*Giggle*

Whenever I go to NWAF I completely ignore the hangars

It can only spawn basic AR15/AK variants...

So wrong. Got myself an M24 from those hangars last night.

Play on low population servers. Problem solved.

Low population servers are actually more dangerous than high population servers

Simply because everyone is thinking "oh a low pop server' date=' might take a trip to NWAF"

In a 50 player server you might encounter 1 or 2 of them going to the NWAF

In a 8 player server you can be sure that atleast 5 of them are traveling to the NWAF

The only exception is a low pop server with night time

If you are good at navigating through silhouttes, that's your best chance

[/quote']

You are absolutely right about it. Yesterday I killed two survivors at north barracks of NWAF and was killed by zombies after that (did a huge mistake :)) with population on server about 10 (it was a self-defence, BTW). But still, low population servers have much lower number of jerks and deliberate player killers with sniper rifles than full servers. :)

i actually avoid low pop servers since serv hoppers tend to go to those servers.

I go to a spot like 500m away from the airfield and look for zombies first. If there are no zombies(zombies spawn when there are players) i step in like a badass' date=' but i still get killed sometimes :D

[/quote']

Sometimes Zombies despawn if they are very close to a player thats just connected.

I take whatever route is clear. Low populated servers do tend to have a high population of barracks looters. I've joined servers with one player only to be shot at by people in the barracks.

Also, shutting the door might make you feel safer. But when i see the barracks door shut theres a 90% chance that somebody is inside. I'm immediately on the lookout for you, and will just wait for you to leave.

Low peak hours.

Night/Rain

Small server.

Less people and a slight increase of chance of meeting other people using same trick...

but if you find a good/suppressed weapon you could always camp out for said people as well.

I usually just server hop again if in a bad position.