Sula

The Bandit Headscarf is too much for me

If you earn the bandit skin in selfdefense, get the hell out of Cherno and get the hell into the wilderness. If you constantly place yourself in situations where you have to kill to survive, you're asking for trouble.

A hero is someone who focuses more on survival than murder, if you prefere going to Cherno to shoot people, only shoot bandits or accept your choice of playstayle, dictates you playing as a bandit.

I feel a bit bad about shooting two bandits in Cherno, one had an axe, another an unloaded rifle. One of them say: "Don't shot, friendly!" However they wore the scarf, they were in Cherno, it had to be done.

We also got attacked by a group of mixed heros and bandits. Their hero member went down like the rest, we lost a bit humanity on him, but hey he had to die for his association.

I couldn't have said it better myself.... Then again i'm very stoned and probably could not even spell my own face.

my only gripe with the shemagh is it's in poor taste. It should be a balaclava. having said that i'm over it. I just wish you were allowed to edit your clothing on start up from a list of things including those. No idea how you would add that but i didn't make the game either.

A balcalva would be sick. Or even like a bandana that covers your mouth/nose, with a set of Aviators you would be Bandit-pimpin' in style!

Loads of times bandits have come in my space saying friendly, but i still gun them down if i can. You wanna moan that its not your fault your wearing that skin (liar), your actions had consequences, this is the result. Also i find it funny you can shoot your friend and become a bandit. i guess you better get bandaging people before you get shot innit.

I think I posted about this once before. I have over 10k humanity on the public hive. I played on a private hive server a few days ago and set out to begin my do-gooding. Run into first guy.

"Friendly?"

He shoots at me, so I kill him. Next guy.

"Friendly?"

He shoots at me, so I kill him. I am now a bandit. Next guy.

"Friendly?"

He shoots at me, and I manage to knock him unconscious. Bandage him and bloodbag him. He wakes up while I am patching him up and says "sorry I panicked when I saw the bandit skin."

Sigh.....

I'm pretty sure you need 4 murders to get the bandit skin. The burqa also just bothers me because it's what jihadists wear. The bandit skin should be something else, maybe like the 1 that it was before (unless it's the same, i wouldn't know)

Maybe just increasing the murder count from 4 to 6?

I'm pretty sure you need 4 murders to get the bandit skin. The burqa also just bothers me because it's what jihadists wear. The bandit skin should be something else, maybe like the 1 that it was before (unless it's the same, i wouldn't know)

Maybe just increasing the murder count from 4 to 6?

Unless the wiki is wrong, it doesn't work that way http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Humanity

I think it needs to be tweaked. The doing damage is ok, but since it subtracts the humanity of your victim, so two fresh spawns could get into a fight, and the victor will always come out a bandit. While this is an interesting way to scare new players away from KOS mentality, it seems a little much. You could lower the cap or add different tiers, but I think at the core of it, they way you lose humanity is wrong. Maybe something like no lose for bandit kill, -1k for survivor kill, and like -5k or something ridiculous for Hero kill.

Also, some way to identify a hero or bandit in a gillie or camo would be nice, since the "real" bandits are already wearing those anyways, and heroes don't get the benefits of the stealth.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by HerrJon

I think I posted about this once before. I have over 10k humanity on the public hive. I played on a private hive server a few days ago and set out to begin my do-gooding. Run into first guy.

"Friendly?"

He shoots at me, so I kill him. Next guy.

"Friendly?"

He shoots at me, so I kill him. I am now a bandit. Next guy.

"Friendly?"

He shoots at me, and I manage to knock him unconscious. Bandage him and bloodbag him. He wakes up while I am patching him up and says "sorry I panicked when I saw the bandit skin."

Sigh.....

Maybe someone stuck a "shoot me" sign on your face while you were napping?

My game glitches my skin. I start out with a bandit skin regardless of my humanity then it will switch back to survivor in about 15-20 minutes. This happens everytime I join a server, not just a new spawn.

I find it more depends on the server you play on! At 1 point I was -37530, yeah that is bad, but in my own defense, the server was basically shoot or be shot. It was before the bandit skin had made a return so a lot of people would kill you even if you just spawned because they could!

I have left that server and trying to get rid of my bandit skin but it is not an easy thing to do. First of most people will shoot you before giving you a chance, I completely understand but some people take advantage of it also.

I have been trying out a few new more friendly servers, been helping a few people and my humanity is very slowly going up, but the other day I was in Cherno and in need of some blood, this server had side chat enabled and I asked if someone would give me some. This guy said sure where are you, I told him I was just around the corner from the hospital but that I was a bandit. To make him less worried I told him I will turn my back to him and face the wall but I was not going to do anything.

So he comes along says hi in chat and gives me a transfusion, after he gave me the transfusion he puts a bullet in my head, guess he got double brownie points for that 1 lol.

If anyone know a good server where tents actually save I am looking for a new home...