blackojacko

To Buy Or Not To Buy

I have been hacked a fair few times when on this game. For a while I went on lo pop servers as I had a 26 day character and didnt want to lose it to some slimeball hacker but didnt mind getting shot fair and square, as it was a hacker went on a 6person server and threw us all in the air..

Other times I have been hacked its thunderdomed or dance party and I usually abort before the shooting starts. It even took me right to the airport to save me a trip.

Now I go on higher pop servers when I can but I am fully prepared to lose my gear even to hackers and I just start again. its the flaw in the system and won;t go away so you either live with it or leave the game and wait for the standalone

I think its worth getting now to give you a headups on the game before the standalone and I have no idea how many hours I have logged on it but worth every penny....

I had to do the same decision 5 days ago, went for teh 30 bucks - didnt regret it.

Ive played on low and high population servers and actually have now a charackter that is nearly 3 days alive and usually play on high pop servers not for the PvP but for the possibilty to see other survivors.

I personally never got hacked into the air or killed by someone porting around, though I've seen the battle eye banning/kicking peoples from servers for trying to spawn stuff etc.

I think hackers arent that big of a deal as it is explained in the forums, and you can allways alt+f4 if you get teleported in the air or get killed by a hacker as it takes arma like around 1 minute to safe your data I think.

Go for it, you wont regret it. Had much fun the time I've played the game. Even though I sometimes scanned villiages and hills for 20 minutes before I made my decision weather to go somewhere or not.

I was in the same situation as you, I bought Arma 2 combined ops, although most people said wait until the standalone, I haven't regretted buying it at all. Everyone will encounter a hacker/scripter at some point, but if your going to cry about loosing your stuff, then maybe this isn't the right game for you.

Do you have any friends that play the mod? Playing on your own is good but its 100x more fun with friends, plus you can play normal Arma with them. Arma's a great game, I've played a fair bit of it as well as Dayz. I bought the steam version from gamekeys4u because they had it cheaper than the steam store, so it could save you some money.

If you do get Dayz now, use Dayz Commander, in my opinion, its the best launcher out there at the moment, you can choose between different maps, without having to manually install them. Theirs currently 4 maps available on DC: Chenarus, Lingor, Utes and Takistan, for those who haven't updated yet.

TLDR: If you really like the mod, then you have to ask yourself, are you willing to pay for Arma 2 CO now, which is a great game on its own, or can you wait until the standalone and get just Dayz at a cheaper price.