Sign in to follow this  
bt21

Gaming PC

So I am looking to buy a new custom gaming pc. I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject so it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out :D I'm looking to buy online somewhere where they actually build it and comes ready to go. I would like to use an AMD FX - 4100 as a processor and really want to get the Radeon HD 7770. Looking for some help on what else to use and where I can get this from? Was looking at Cyberpowerpc.com and had one all good to go for the labor day sale then realized it ends very soon and I can't buy it within the day. This was the configuration number so you can take a look: 1EFB4M Got a free upgrade on the video card so that saved me some money. Then I saw that the shipping costs were ridiculous so I figured I wouldn't buy it from there after the sale. Really was looking to spend about $700 at most. Would appreciate any help I get.

For $700, you could build yourself a PC that is faster than what you can get from a pre built. A 7770 is not going to run DayZ/Arma 2 on ultra or even high. AMD processors are ok, but if you want the best bang for your buck, invest in a Intel CPU, the i5 and i7 series are the best ones out there.

If youre interested, look at Tom's Hardware forums. Many people go there to sell their used gaming PCs, some of which are very good. Do a little research before hand so you know how some of them will perform. I've seen some used PCs that are worth thousands that gets sold for <$1000 on there. Of course, these are all users (think eBay) so there is a small chance you'll get ripped off and there is no warranty so be warned, though it wouldn't hurt to take a look.

Edited by Titanic3

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/79660-basic-hardware-help/

My little guide that should help you choose a PC.

PC case: $80-90

Motherboard: $90-100

RAM: $30-40

GPU: $200-250 (if you want a good one)

CPU: $200-250 (again, a good one)

HDD: $100-120 (1TB)

CD/DVD: $15

PSU: $80-100 (a good one)

That's about $750-850 if you're building a PC and it WILL run games like Arma and Crysis and Battlefield 3 maxed out. If you can re use some old parts from your old pc, like the case, ram and even the hard drive, that's about 100-200 off.

Edited by Titanic3

For $700, you could build yourself a PC that is faster than what you can get from a pre built. A 7770 is not going to run DayZ/Arma 2 on ultra or even high. AMD processors are ok, but if you want the best bang for your buck, invest in a Intel CPU, the i5 and i7 series are the best ones out there.

What would you recommend with the i5 because I wouldn't need the i7. I don't need perfect settings, but the best I can get.

Right now, the best cards for ~$200 is the Radeon 6870 or the 560Ti. Both will run Arma 2 flawlessly with an i5. You could go a little higher up and get a GTX 570 or 7850 for $50 more.

Edited by Titanic3

Right now, the best cards for ~$200 is the Radeon 6870 or the 560Ti. Both will run Arma 2 flawlessly with an i5. You could go a little higher up and get a GTX 570 or 7850 for $50 more.

Thanks for all the help :) I'll probably go with the Radeon 6870. Also I don't have anything to re use so that's no help lol

One more question: What is different between the i5 2500k and i5 3570k?

Not much, the 3570k came out a littler later than the 2500k and is slightly faster at stock speeds but costs about $50 more. An overclocked 2500k will be faster than a stock 3570k and nearly the same as an overclocked 3570k. So go with the 2500k, cheaper and you can always overclock it.