Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire447

Band of Brothers

So I was just watching episode 6 of Band of Brothers and all I could think about is Dayz. All the intense moments to the sad ones when your best bud goes down in combat, then also the tragedy of you or your buds dieing of starvation and all you can do is watch be cause of the lack of tools at your disposal. Those of you that haven't seen band of brothers, i suggest giving it a chance, keep dayz in your mind and it will feel just like it.

Cheers

Jesse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX8QeQYMpSE

rofl, DayZ is nothing like that. DayZ never has those ''starving for food'' moments. DayZ never has those ''watching your friends die'' moments. DayZ is a carebear's walk in the park. Zombies are too easy and survival items are too common.

DayZ is hard for about 2 days, then when you realize how retarded the zombies are it's just way too easy.

BoB is about the best thing ever.

Kinda cheapening them and what they did comparing it to a game though.

• Like 1

My favorite war series/movie/documentary of all time, and the fact it's based on 100% true events that are as accurate as humanly possible makes it all the better. The person playing Dick Winters did a PHENOMENAL job throughout this series. As did all the other virtually no-name actors. Then again, with Spielburg and Tom Hanks behind the helm, you can expect perfection. Sadly, I did not enjoy "The Pacific" nearly as much.

DayZ is NOTHING like Band of Brothers. BoB saw hell. What they went through makes DayZ look like a piece of cake. In DayZ you don't have artillery raining down on you as your sprint across a field while being shot at by an MG and riflemen. Then having to fight back as men all around you are being killed and blown up. WWII is the worst thing that has ever happened and probably will be for a long time. I'm sure if they were surviving DayZ time situations, they would prefer that over what they went through.