subgenius5150

Non Leathal Rounds?

I was thinking that we should have non leathal rounds put into the game, Like a variation of all current ammo that would knock a target unconscious for 30 seconds. This would come in great for when doing tactics and practicing

or even trolling other players without being mean and killing them.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

It's been suggested lot's before but I like the idea of rubber bullets.

I would like this idea, but only if the ammo is rare. This could lead to many dark days in DayZ ahead of us if trolls got this as their new play toy. But I also think the gear option should be altered so when the person, say a bandit, is down after being hit by the rubber bullet, that a survivor could run over and quickly disarm the bandit lowering the threat level of the bandit, but this can only be used for the weapon which is drawn, meaning that he could pull his sidearm out and chase you down. Thoughts?

I do like the idea but what's stopping people from constantly spamming you.

They could just stock up with like 9 clips of rubber bullets and stand over your body, keeping you incapacitated all night.

With that said, I definitely want some.

i like it but ammo found in military places and only for the shotguns..or narcotic sniper rifle(this would be great!)

Edited by Bludy

I dont understand whats stopping that player from closing dayz, alt+f4 isnt the only way to close a game. You cant really penalize them for it, they can simply say theyre game crashed or something along the lines of that.

Then again you could always force their character to stay on that server regaurdless of that player being in the game when unconcious. But than every time you go unconcious your guaranteed to die in sticky situations. Just seems too difficult to be effective.

I like the idea of rubber bullets, Limit them to only being used for the 870shotgun. (the volume of the shotgun would balance the nature of the weapon)

As for the Alt-f4 issue, add a disconect feature. The idea is found in other games such as Eve online. When a player disconects his/her avatar remains in the game for 30 seconds before disapearing.

This would put more emphase on players making sure that they are in a safe location before they log off, while also punishing those who try to rage quit to avoid losing their gear.

• Like 1

Because you'd have rubber bullets/non lethal rounds in a zombie appocalypse?

Russia makes rubber bullets in 9mm and .45 calibers. Speer makes plastic bullets in a variety of handgun rounds including .38 and .44. It's bean bag rounds that are limited to shotguns, not all non-lethal rounds.

...Yes...?

Was that a trick question?

Edited by BazBake

Yea, this has been suggested 9000 times but it's always a good idea but then again why would you want it and how would you use it in any situation? (To piss off a sniper lol..?)

Non-lethal rounds should just break a players leg and or daze them, Whatever the player does after that non-lethal round is up to them.

Ummm...yes, if you found some.

Why not?

Taser rounds for the 870 and M1014?

Rubber slugs?

Rock Salt grains?

GOD YES!

Taser Round (modelled to work with the Benelli M4 only)

-Makes less noise than regular shells

-The round travels much slower and become inert after a certain distance is travelled

-Will jolt zombies and make them unresponsive for a short while, if you ever chose to waste a shot on them.

-Survivor hits will drop on the ground, but not unconscious, only with blurry vision. Incapable of standing up for a a few seconds.

-Very rare loot found in urban areas, often near police cruisers and police stations.

Rubber 12g Slug

-Makes as much noise as a regular shot

-Target receive some damage, but no bleeding

-Small chance of being knocked out (instant 10sec KO if headshot)

-Blurred vision, can't sprint for a minute (can still run)

-Rare loot in military areas, found around MP barracks and offices

Rock Salt 12g shells, used with double barrelled shotgun (bonus points for yelling about leaving yer daughter alone)

-Will give blurry vision.

-Give shock status and pain status.

-Found in rural areas.

-dunno what else.

Edited by Axelord FTW

Ummm...yes, if you found some.

Why not?

It's common knowledge that in the event of a zombie apocalypse all non-lethal ammunition would dematerialise. Come on guys...

• Like 1

Putting LTL (Less Than Lethal) weapons in the game would cause allot of issues.

1) Balancing, you'd have to introduce a 2nd form of 'health' that needs to be constantly monitored. A game called All Points Bulletin did this using physical health and stamina, only problem is if stamina was introduced to DayZ, surely it would be easier to stun people after they've been running...Don't we all love being shot by an LTL shotgun slug soon as we turn a corner and being 1shot.

2) Rarity, typically only the police have LTL rounds, so police station need to be introduced, yes this opens the doors for multiple paths like clothing, a safe zone. The rarity of these rounds would directly affect the rarity of every other round because people would weigh up the benefits of stunning somebody over killing them.

3) Grievers, the meaning of LTL is meant to stun people, what would you do after stunning them? kill them? can't arrest them cause law does not exist in DayZ. Essentially the only thing that could be done is they are either stunned for a long period of time, left to any chasing zombies (if they were running from them, is still the same outcome as killing them!) or for a player to Tbag, dance on, and verbally abuse the stunned player.

1) Balancing, you'd have to introduce a 2nd form of 'health' that needs to be constantly monitored. A game called All Points Bulletin did this using physical health and stamina, only problem is if stamina was introduced to DayZ, surely it would be easier to stun people after they've been running...Don't we all love being shot by an LTL shotgun slug soon as we turn a corner and being 1shot.

Beats the hell out of being killed outright.

add handcuffs or rope, allow us to restrain the unconscious survivor them carry him into the middle of a city as zombie bait.

add handcuffs or rope, allow us to restrain the unconscious survivor them carry him into the middle of a city as zombie bait.

this too

great for humanity level or you could restrain someone and take them prisoner and execute them or use them as bait, who knows i think its awesome though

I do like the idea but what's stopping people from constantly spamming you.

They could just stock up with like 9 clips of rubber bullets and stand over your body, keeping you incapacitated all night.

With that said, I definitely want some.

You make them harder to shoot. Rubber rounds travel about half as fast as regular ammo. So more bullet drop and lead.

You just necro'd a four month thread why?

cause i havent been on the forums inn four months and saw that oothers replied to it...