albinorhino

[Video] The revolver is too weak (Random wayz part 19)

I remember the dayz where you could break legs in one shot with the revolver. Where you could kill a man with two or three shots to the body. Where people FEARED the sound of a .45 magnum revolver and avoided the area at all costs.

Now? Now we have a spud gun. A spud gun that fires nerfed potatoes.

• Like 1

The last guy, some other dude sniped him with an AS50 at the same time you shot. I've seen it happen! :D

Also I'm happy to give you my badge of bandit approval. It's in the form of a hatchet stuck to your eyeball. Ummm, that is, I stuff the handle into your eye, so that you can still use, liek, the blade to swing at your victims. :D Also, one-eyed bandits are cool!

The last guy, some other dude sniped him with an AS50 at the same time you shot. I've seen it happen! :D

Also I'm happy to give you my badge of bandit approval. It's in the form of a hatchet stuck to your eyeball. Ummm, that is, I stuff the handle into your eye, so that you can still use, liek, the blade to swing at your victims. :D Also, one-eyed bandits are cool!

In English please? Also I'm not a bandit. Well, I AM, but I don't bother fresh spawns on the beach or people with no weapons (unless they REFUSE to speak to me via microphone or type. That pisses me off so I punish them).

True enough about the AS50. I did go up on sniper hill ten minutes later and find some retard using a scrited in thermal AS50. I buried it with his corpse.

Christ, this pisses me off beyond belief.

All of the pistols have been "nerfed." I remember when the M1911 was a one shot kill - as you'd expect, 'eh? .45 caliber rounds are nothing to be trifled with. A solid shot to your center of mass has enough kinetic energy to stop you outright - and any human hit with a .45 is more than likely going to suffer hydrostatic shock. Very simple shit.

Why Bohemia insists upon completely ruining their game - time after time - with a series of useless beta patches that fix quite literally fuck all eludes me, but it's been bothering me since day one, when Rocket forced us to use the beta patch to play DayZ, thus breaking the game for anything besides DayZ and vanilla ArmA II (ACE hasn't worked for me since).

Edited by John

In English please? Also I'm not a bandit. Well, I AM, but I don't bother fresh spawns on the beach or people with no weapons (unless they REFUSE to speak to me via microphone or type. That pisses me off so I punish them)

But that player wasn't doing anything to you. So it seems like a strange reaction to me. Maybe phrase you reason and state that you punish people for not knowing how to play instead of refusing to talk to you. Not everyone prints a list of commands or knows everything about how Arma2 works. So he runs because he realises he doesn't know how to answer, and at least education would be a better reason that pissed off for being ignored or what have you.

All of the pistols have been "nerfed." I remember when the M1911 was a one shot kill - as you'd expect, 'eh?

.45 were one shotting only zeds, not players. But yea, now the pistols are rather useless, but I believe, that DayZ standalone will fix that and we will see pistols doing some damage again although 1 torso hit for killing zed is maybe too much.

Why Bohemia insists upon completely ruining their game - time after time - with a series of useless beta patches that fix quite literally fuck all eludes me, but it's been bothering me since day one, when Rocket forced us to use the beta patch to play DayZ, thus breaking the game for anything besides DayZ and vanilla ArmA II (ACE hasn't worked for me since).

Well for me the beta patches ment more FPS in many cases. Speaking about ACE it works for me flawlessly even with latest arma2 beta, so maybe you just need to reinstall it (ACE I mean).

Hand guns are now crap in dayz but watching your video, good. Anything that makes it harder for you to kill unarmed player, is ok by me. :thumbsup: