Sign in to follow this  
Rebel1705

Radio ?

Well, I found a radio... I dont know what to do with it... Should I throw it away ? or may I keep it ? :S

Keep it. It gives you cords to a car spawn, and 10 deerstands. You won't get banned unless an admin doesn't like you having it. Then it's just a server ban so it's fine

It's a legitimate rare find so well done! It's also completely useless :( .

It's a legitimate rare find so well done! It's also completely useless :( .

Really? I decided to kill a few zeds on Green Mountain after reading lots of rumours about GM zombies having them. I killed 80 and found not a single radio. I kind of gave up and presumed it's hacked in. I did have a radio earlier but lost it when I disconnected too early.

Actually scrub my last comment. I just checked and apparently there's no way of getting them legitimatley now. I'm sure they used to be a very rare spawn?

Heres what the Wiki says: http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Radio

Edited by Fraggle

The best thing to do with hacked stuff is to place it on the next zed you kill and then bury it.

Last I was aware it is a legit item with no purpose (for now.)

Though some have said there's a Morse code you can pick up on Green Mountain every eight hours or so.

Last I was aware it is a legit item with no purpose (for now.)

Though some have said there's a Morse code you can pick up on Green Mountain every eight hours or so.

read the thread ^^^^^^^

Yesterday, I found a radio on a players body. I went to Green Mountain and walked around for a couple of minutes but nothing happened. So it's obviously a rumor or not in the recent version implemented.

The wiki is not 100% accurate, so saying that just because it is in the Wiki means it is a fact, is false.

Keep in mind that even highly moderated things such as wiki's can still have false information.

So until I see otherwise from Rocket himself, or something more reliable than a wiki, if I ever get my hands on a radio, I'd keep it as a trophy. Same as Mountain Dew is.

• Like 1