CJBlackbird

Graphical glitches... possible fix.

Now I'm running a fairly modest setup with a sapphire Radeon hd 6570 and I had the known graphical issues in airfields, and around medical tents and such. However, I recently did two things to my machine, I installed the release candidate of windows 8 and ran that and DayZ all from a single SSD (before I had windows 7 installed on an SSD and a spinning disk where all my games were installed). For some reason I no longer have any graphical problems. Would be interested to know if anyone else is running windows 8 and has had the same outcome as me?

I play on a SSD, and does not get a single glitch. My friend with IDENTICAL specs always get glitches. This is W7 though.

I run DayZ on my SSD and I get glitches. I've got a Radeon 6850(Not positive, but certainly a 6800 series).

Doesn't seem to matter the graphics settings anymore, but I did change monitors and stepped my resolution up a little bit more from 1680x1050 to 1920x1080.

Posting all these "Fixes" is a waste of time. Wait for Rocket to fix it.

They are not fixing anything, your just getting lucky and managing to avoid the stuff thats causing it.

FYI to fix the clitch on my pc I simply turn off v sync and apply it in game then I turn it right back on and apply it and it goes away.

I was eating a burrito yesterday, and got no glitches at all. I would suggest doing the same.

In all seriousness, there are a lot of fixes out there, but not one works for everyone. Either wait for the next build of DayZ, or just find some cover, log out, then log back in. That fixes it for me every time.

• Like 2

I can recommend people with glitches to "flush" their GUI.

Do so by holding down left shift and tap "-" on the numbad. Nothing will happen at this point, but just type in "flush". Works for some of my friends.

For me it fixes itself after some time with a certain arma2 version. For example I played with 96061 for some days/a week and there were no glitches. Now that I updated to 96584 it started glitching every time I play again.. It's annoying but it'll go away eventually just like it did the previous 3 patches.

For me, there hasn't yet been a fix that has worked even in the slightest. It's getting insanely frustrating. Can't go near balota, because the military camp artifacts so bad. Always the same thing. Now I'm at the NW airfield for the first time and what do I get; Insane artifacting from the military structures. Seems that I can't go anywhere near military gear as I can't even see if I look that way and the closer I get, the more impossible it becomes to play. I've died like this a few times while trying to get to rare gear, but I just can't go near it :(((

I've tried flipping vsync on and off, I've tried setting memory buffer to low and then default.. I've done flush, but it seems to be that it makes the artifacting WORSE than better. Even if I disconnect while looking at the artifacting and connect back in, it's still there. AMD HD 6800 series card and I have no idea where to turn off ambient occlusion in the ati catalyst control center, as someone mentioned that might help.

Just.. depressing... just had to stop playing when I realized I can't go to the airfield because of this after travelling a long way to go there...

Any ideas, anyone?

They are not fixing anything, your just getting lucky and managing to avoid the stuff thats causing it.

It isn't a waste of time at all, it makes the game playable.

I've used the esc+alt+enter trick and it's the only thing that has worked

There are so many "solutions". Most of them make it worse, for me.

For me, there hasn't yet been a fix that has worked even in the slightest. It's getting insanely frustrating. Can't go near balota, because the military camp artifacts so bad. Always the same thing. Now I'm at the NW airfield for the first time and what do I get; Insane artifacting from the military structures. Seems that I can't go anywhere near military gear as I can't even see if I look that way and the closer I get, the more impossible it becomes to play. I've died like this a few times while trying to get to rare gear, but I just can't go near it :(((

I've tried flipping vsync on and off, I've tried setting memory buffer to low and then default.. I've done flush, but it seems to be that it makes the artifacting WORSE than better. Even if I disconnect while looking at the artifacting and connect back in, it's still there. AMD HD 6800 series card and I have no idea where to turn off ambient occlusion in the ati catalyst control center, as someone mentioned that might help.

Just.. depressing... just had to stop playing when I realized I can't go to the airfield because of this after travelling a long way to go there...

Any ideas, anyone?

Have you looked at all of the tabs and options in the ccc ? Someone should dive in here and point you the way, been donkey dick years since i had an ati card so i cannot point you in the exact direction sorry,

Have you tried this yet- In game, look at the glitch/ hit escape/video options/advanced/ select video memory to default. Exit back to game.If no good do the same thing again but select Very high, shuffling between the two may sort it for you. Works on ati and nvidia (my gtx560ti, my mates gtx680 and my partners ati68 something) give it a shot :)

Waste of time lol, thats why we have been able to play for the last odd month with no glitches, as have plenty of others.

Washing chalk of a driveway,,now thats a waste of time. Polishing your boots before playing footy..waste of time bro. Eating a bucket of rice with a straw..yep. You got it.

http://dayzmod.com/f...ifacting-fixes/

the Nvidia fix works

i dont have an ATi card so i dunno about that one. but the nvidia one 100% removed all artifacts for me

It didn't do diddly squat for me.

Here's hoping rocket actually releases the artifacting fix soon instead of holding it until .3.