Malmortius

I think zombies are mutating into superheroes

Makarov body shots take about 10 shots to kill them (Which i think is good, if its not a headshot)

But one thing that IS annoying me is their sight. They are seriously seeing me from 5x the distance they used to. This is a change? It makes it impossible to sneak past them.

Maybe thats the point.

Edited by Malmortius

It is the point, however a hidden identification system would be more realistic, requiring zombies to take a little more time to figure out if you are friend or foe if they find you, depending on distance.

Not sure if it'd be good for gameplay though.

Also; very easy to sneak past them, just gotta be out of their field of view. distract them by firing a sidearm around the side of a building or throw a flare if they're watching several points.

Edited by Red_Sky

Makarov body shots take about 10 shots to kill them (Which i think is good, if its not a headshot)

But one thing that IS annoying me is their sight. They are seriously seeing me from 5x the distance they used to. This is a change? It makes it impossible to sneak past them.

Maybe thats the point.

Their have a narrow field-of-view cone. They see far, but only in this narrow cone. You can walk right past them if they're not looking at you.

friend or foe? they're zombies...

They don't attack other zombies obv.

I assume even a zombie's mind needs a small amount of time to recognize that.

But then again, very few games have ventured to that area, so I really do not want to go into it, since the only game mechanic I can relate to is the Skyrim's Stealth system.

They don't attack other zombies obv.

I assume even a zombie's mind needs a small amount of time to recognize that.

But then again, very few games have ventured to that area, so I really do not want to go into it, since the only game mechanic I can relate to is the Skyrim's Stealth system.

according to canon they do it partly by smell.

skyrim stealth system was awful.

Well the fact that they need to see me before they can smell me (according to this topic) kind of throws that idea out of the window.

With skyrim's stealth system, I'm talking about they need to make sure its actually an opponent before they start yelling and unsheathing weaps.

you grind against the concrete stone wall, the zombie on the other side already knows you're human and is running full at full pace towards you.

nb partly

smell explains your wall grinding scenario, just they need to be alerted first.

Whos there?! *gets shot in the eye* ...It was probobly the the wind.