Dexanix

Stuff not saving on new servers?

OK now i would like to get clarification to this.

Does things save on the new servers? or is the stuff in tents and such as saved cars nullified on server restart. I tried to save some of my gear to tent and let it stay there for 2 hours then restart the server as it should but after reboot im left with fing empty tent. I know the chopper is not saving at all and thats not an issue.

Please help me what can i do to fix this if anything, My server code is FR 290

On my server, which is about 3 weeks old the tents will sometimes save and vehicles will almost never save after restart. There doesn't seem to be any consistency. What I don't understand is that there are other servers out there that don't have the vehicle issue. Vehicles save just fine but they are using the same version of the beta and the same dayz version that I am. I don't get it. It's a clusterfuck for sure.

Sadly my server has this problem too. There was a fix for the issue but apparently it wasnt an "OFFICIAL" fix so they made everyone stop using it. I am tired of hearing its ALPHA this and ALPHA that, either roll back the update or fix it.

It works on some due to how numbers are handled in the script. Its also why you may have 4 or 5 working vehicles on your server. As for tents they will sometimes work but only once, and usually after a server restart (or before, cant remember).

Info on why vehicles are broken can be found in my topic: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/82913-cheater-trolling-or-bug/#entry789572

Lets hope they fix it soon :)

Welcome to the 1.7.2.5. I just got my first server and with with ViLayers private hive. I'm glad I did. Tents and Vehicles work perfect and they fixed tent duping. Plus the hive is really active.

Sadly my server has this problem too. There was a fix for the issue but apparently it wasnt an "OFFICIAL" fix so they made everyone stop using it. I am tired of hearing its ALPHA this and ALPHA that, either roll back the update or fix it.

there is no one forcing you to use 1.7.2.5

you can rollback anytime you want.

i rerolled to 1.7.2.4 and there is no problem there.

Technically we should all be using 1.7.2.5 shouldn't we? after all this is an alpha so we're essentially all testers for it. Ok there's no new bugs to report but we should really be using the latest.

I know i'd be pissed if my testers used an old version of the software i make :P i know this is different as its public but you can see what i'm getting at.

We just have to either wait, use another hive or do a bit of haxxy haxxy to fix it :P

Technically we should all be using 1.7.2.5 shouldn't we? after all this is an alpha so we're essentially all testers for it. Ok there's no new bugs to report but we should really be using the latest.

I know i'd be pissed if my testers used an old version of the software i make :P i know this is different as its public but you can see what i'm getting at.

We just have to either wait, use another hive or do a bit of haxxy haxxy to fix it :P

i hammered 1.7.2.5 for 2 weeks (while getting constant flak from user accusing me for admin abuse for resetting tents and vehicles) and reported the bugs. job done i think.

Edited by kaindebuddy