Sign in to follow this  
Eberstark

DayZ Graphics!

Hi i love the Mod love the game im just really trying to figure out what kind of graphics card i should get to run the game please help me out :) i would appreciate it! im running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz with 4GB of DDR 3 Ram. those are the spec's ;)

Hello!

Graphics isn't the main thing this game uses most. The ARMA II engine likes to use a lot of CPU, so you should consider updating your RAM (in all a 64bit computer even) and other CPU more than the GPU.

Though a decent to good graphics card will help.

What graphics card do you have currently?

Like others have said you could do with a better CPU and more RAM too. I have an i7 processor and 8gb RAM and I still can't play on max settings. u,u

I would say you can play it, probably at a choppy framerate but at least you can play. My friend used to only play on a old 2002 laptop. It was playable but not very enjoyably. I would recommend upgrading, or if you have the money purchase a new pc.

My specs:

Amd FX-6200 3.80 ghz

Radeon HD 7970

G-Skill 16gb ram

I can play the game everything maxed with no fps drops below 80. Only cost around $700.

Edited by INickeragua

Awesome yes I have kinda a tight budget maybe up to 100! I've been looking for some radeon graphics cards is a radeon 512 mb graphics card ok? I would prefer a 1gb also my processor is a dual core

I have no graphics card ATM! Idk if the games would run with out one

Certainly you must have a GPU, even if it's imbedded, or else you can't use your computer (and maybe you arent?). Arma II doesn't require a tremendous amount of graphical power because you can scale the graphics down quite a bit. I'm running a 2007 iMac with a Radeon 2600XT Mobility (I'm working on getting a new computer, so don't judge!) and I can run the game at 1100x7?? and I get a decent enough framerate to play the game. Of course, my specs are crap and I recommend something vastly better, but my point is if you just want to run the game for the time being, you might be surprised how well it may run on your system.