Goose_6

I have two characters?

Hey guys I just recently got into DayZ again, part of the reason I stopped is because all of my friends were busy getting ready for school and I just started back up and I joined a server and I was still on Skalisty Island (that was our home base). I realized we didn't have a boat anymore so I was shipwrecked. The next day I joined a server and I all of a sudden spawned in Komarovo on a new character. I thought sweet I'm off the island! But now, half the time I'll join a server I'll be either on the island with my character still, or be on the newer character that spawned back on mainland. Has anybody had this problem where they had two characters in a situation like this? I've never had multiple copies of Arma II on my PC, nor have I had multiple users or any hacks for any game including Arma II. I cannot figure out why this is, maybe I just need to kill my character on Skalisty Island to reset it?

Private hive servers do not access your global character, but instead save one on their hive. You can go back and forth from a private-hive to a normal server and progress differently, the are not connected.

If this isn't the case, you may be experiencing a glitch. Kill off your character and check your installs, and pray.

Could be some of the servers you're joining are private hives. The official hive character is seperate from private hive servers so that would be why you have your regular character stuck on the island. And then once you join the different server you're back on mainland with the alternate character. Basically anything done on the private hive doesn't affect your main official hive character.

Or maybe it's just a bug 0.o But my guess is private hive vs official hive character.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm not 100% sure how to check if the server I'm in is connected to the hive or not, I'm using DayZ Commander.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm not 100% sure how to check if the server I'm in is connected to the hive or not, I'm using DayZ Commander.

There's a filter option "Hide unofficial". That should weed out any non-hive.

There's a filter option "Hide unofficial". That should weed out any non-hive.

Ok I just looked and the server I was playing on with a friend last night was on an official one, and any other server I joined I was using my character on Skalisty island. Very strange, right now my other character is at the NW Airfield