Sign in to follow this  
infinitegrim

Share the secret to flying...

(I made this video before I found the Huey in the editor...)

The key to flying is.....And Xbox 360 Controller. Just saw a deal for $35 for the wireless one plus the wireless adapter too.

I kid you not I made this video 10 minutes after installing. I only had 10 minutes of practice flying before making this video.

And yes I do crash, because I like to push it to the limit, which happened to be a steep hill.

why not get an actual joystick add that plus track IR and you are a pilot period and have significant advantage over anyone else

my suggestion to anyone before gettin in a huey in DayZ is go into the armoury in arma II and practice ffs before you kill one of us and ruin a heli

why not get an actual joystick add that plus track IR and you are a pilot period and have significant advantage over anyone else

my suggestion to anyone before gettin in a huey in DayZ is go into the armoury in arma II and practice ffs before you kill one of us and ruin a heli

This. A joystick is cheap as hell (I got a second-hand Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, which is one of the better joysticks, for 25 euros).

TrackIR is awesome, I also like it for other things then flying.

I have a joystick and honestly its a pain in the ass for several reasons. The Xbox controller is seamless and enjoyable to use.

few things here .. you dont know what you are tallking about ...

1) fly the UH-1H .. it flys / lands diffrent then what you have.

2) Flying is not the hard part ... Landing at speeds is

3) when you were trying too drop on that roof anyone with a Lee Enfield would of kill you, then you crash and lose all your passengers.

It takes way more then 10mins too learn too fly .. the controller might help (keep the angle for pitch / speed ) ... but they main thing you need too learn .. Landing with speed .. you slow down for too long .. you are going too get picked off.

I have a joystick and honestly its a pain in the ass for several reasons. The Xbox controller is seamless and enjoyable to use.

Flying might be easier for you, but if you are used to flying with a stick (or at least, not used to X360 controller) you own so hard. Landing with a 360 controller, both a plane or a chopper seems to me to be terrible, at least when you have limited space and time to land.

And for owning in the air I’m very sure someone with a stick could easily win, add TrackIR to that and you are owning!

Flying might be easier for you' date=' but if you are used to flying with a stick (or at least, not used to X360 controller) you own so hard. Landing with a 360 controller, both a plane or a chopper seems to me to be terrible, at least when you have limited space and time to land.

And for owning in the air I’m very sure someone with a stick could easily win, add TrackIR to that and you are owning!

[/quote']

You know people said the same thing about BF3 on PC with me using a 360 controller. Odly enough I usually finish in the top 5 and WAY positive.. I do very good with the helos and jets in that game too.

Yes I realize ARMA is nothing like BF3

Of course flying on a gamepad is better than on keyboard, but nothing can beat a proper flight simulation setup (joystick + trackir).

BF3 is a different story, BF to ARMA is like GTA to GTR.

You know people said the same thing about BF3 on PC with me using a 360 controller. Odly enough I usually finish in the top 5 and WAY positive.. I do very good with the helos and jets in that game too.

Yes I realize ARMA is nothing like BF3

I hope you mean for flying? Because yeah, flying with a gamepad is better than a keyboard. Or did you also run around and shoot with a 360 controller?