Sign in to follow this  
M8EO

Why not remove the glitchy dead guys until the standalone?

Hey,

When asking why there are a lot of glitches in DayZ, i was told that they mostly come from those dead army guys you find at military tents, airstrips, and some cities. When looking out for these dead guys, i realised that most of my glitches were, in fact, caused by those dead army guys.

I know DayZ is only a mod at the moment, and that there are quite a few bugs and glitches, and that's alright with me; i was just going to suggest maybe removing those dead army guys from the game until DayZ is more stable (e.g. standalone). This way, if they ARE the cause for the glitches, people won't have to suffer :)

Lemme know what you think? :)

Thanks.

• Like 4

When asking why there are a lot of glitches in DayZ, i was told that they mostly come from those dead army guys you find at military tents, airstrips, and some cities. When looking out for these dead guys, i realised that most of my glitches were, in fact, caused by those dead army guys.
What?

Rocket is working on them at the moment, he postet it on Twitter so if he fix them with the next patch he dont need to remove them.

But he wont release the next Patch until its totally bugfree itself. So that in case means that the glitches will be fixed.

Edited by Paddy0610

From my limited knowledge it only started happening recently, and it should be fixed in the next update.

But he wont release the next Patch until its totally bugfree itself. So that in case means that the glitches will be fixed.

That means it will never be released.

You found rockets secret he will never release the Patch , only the Standalone game.

It think he will just fix the obvious bugs and there still will be some known but working things going on like Zombie Pathfinding and more.

Alright then - i didn't realise they were working on it :) I guess i'll just have to be patient.

Thanks! :D

P.S.

What?

I realised that my glitches were caused by the dead guys in camouflaged clothing at airstrips and military tents :)

Just log in and out til the gliches go away, thats how I've been fixing it ^_^

Why not use the search facility before clogging up the forum with shit that has been said 100 times before?

Why not use the search facility before clogging up the forum with shit that has been said 100 times before?

At least it wasn't a Y U NO START WITH WEAPON?! thread...

If he can actually FIX the problem, all the better.

But, to remove the faulty models would have taken a few hours of "coding" and little more than a hotfix.

Artifacting could have been fixed in a day or two.

But, for the sake of keeping scripted dead bodies (which you can't interact with), some players have had to put up with being unable to properly visit some zones in the game.

Keep this in mind.

Why not reply something useful, rather than pointless moans?

But, to remove the faulty models would have taken a few hours of "coding" and little more than a hotfix.

But, for the sake of keeping scripted dead bodies (which you can't interact with), some players have had to put up with being unable to properly visit some zones in the game.

Keep this in mind.

I just hope they fix it at some point :)

From my limited knowledge it only started happening recently, and it should be fixed in the next update.

It started over a month ago....not sure that counts as recently.

Keep this in mind.

"Dead_soldiers"s can be removed from the *.pbo in less than 2minutes

Edited by Tweakie

Not all of this "beams" glitch comes from the dead soldier models. And not all dead soldier models create the beams glitch. Remoing just the models wont stop the glitch completely.

• Like 1

I have to say this is the most infuriating glitch in the game. Nothing is worse when you find yourself in a shootout with another player and you can't even look up to see where the shots are coming from.

Hey,

I know DayZ is only a mod at the moment, and that there are quite a few bugs and glitches, and that's alright with me; i was just going to suggest maybe removing those dead army guys from the game until DayZ is more stable (e.g. standalone). This way, if they ARE the cause for the glitches, people won't have to suffer :)

Lemme know what you think? :)

Thanks.

Dev Team's Response:

Edited by Dutch Miller

Keep this in mind.

The Dead soilder bodys where not "Coded in" they were placed useing the ARMA:2 Editor, same gose with all the road blocks. He placed them. No need for Hours of codding.

I usually toggle the V-Sync option in "Video Options" and that will remove the glitching over 50% of the time.

The latest patch has FIXED this for me! Thank you!