lttankor7

Can an Alienware M14x or M17x run DayZ on Max Settings?

Hey guys, I'm looking at laptops on Ebay and Alienwares are underpriced there, even though they're secondhand. Even though the M17x is pricier than the M14x, can they both run DayZ max settings flawlessly? Or will the M17x run it better?

J/w how much is the max you can waste? I'm sponsored by a gaming computer company and i can you a discount code for part of just a computer. =)

J/w how much is the max you can waste? I'm sponsored by a gaming computer company and i can you a discount code for part of just a computer. =)

Max money? I'm willing to spend at most 1000 dollars. We just went to Disneyworld and Star Wars Celebration 6 so we're a bit tight right now.

Look into ASUS G series laptops. Alienware and those types are poorly made and over priced.

Max money? I'm willing to spend at most 1000 dollars. We just went to Disneyworld and Star Wars Celebration 6 so we're a bit tight right now.

Essentially by 1000$ I mean 1200-1300 at most.

Look into ASUS G series laptops. Alienware and those types are poorly made and over priced.

Will do.

ahh , since its a laptop it will be expensive and the mx14 doesnt deliver as you would expect it too. also price is insane . If it were a desktop you can assemble a powerhouse for 12o0$ . sigh

ahh , since its a laptop it will be expensive and the mx14 doesnt deliver as you would expect it too. also price is insane . If it were a desktop you can assemble a powerhouse for 12o0$ . sigh

Yeah, I know, but then I don't know what rig to buy, what parts to get, how long to get them, which monitors, and then on top of that, I'll need a place to put it.

I second this. I have a g series ASUS that i bought at bestbuy for around 1200. And havent looked back. Plays DayZ with out a problem. Plays Skyrim on highest setting i believe with out a problem. Just have to get use to the size and packin it around. Also finding a backpack to fit it locally in my town didnt happen. Had to go to amazon, which i ended up saving money there too. In the end it plays it great and even surprises my buddy with his huge desktop and all the magical wonders that it does. Was able to install a game and play dayz with only minor lag. So good luck with your descision.

Eh, Size isn't a problem lol. Right now I'm using a Toshiba Satellite L675D which has a 17inch screen. It runs DayZ fairly well on Low graphics. I don't run it blurry though, at least.

Rule of thumb for rigs: Buy the parts seperately, buy them from someone who will put them together for you (they're all over the web). You will spend 1000 dollars and get 5000 or more in value. Alienwares are for suckers, and Dell is counting on you to be a sucker. Please dissapoint them. It would make my day.

I know computer parts might not make you scream with excitement, but you are making a big purchase. Might as well do some research on exactley what goes into delivering those delicious framerates we all love so much.

Edited by TheSalamander

I have the asus g75vw. It runs DayZ perfectly at very high settings, the mod has a few fps problems at times but usually flawless

I am going to say this... NEVER BUY A ALIENWARE DESKTOP!! You can build one yourself 5 times better and over half the price.

However, their laptops cost a pretty penny but you can't build yourself a laptop or if you can it will be difficult. I bought the m17 x laptop with a radeon 7970 with a upgraded processer for around 1700 and I can play pretty much anything with no problems on maximum settings. If you need a laptop that run games well get a alienware, if not, build your own desktop.

I am going to say this... NEVER BUY A ALIENWARE DESKTOP!! You can build one yourself 5 times better and over half the price.

However, their laptops cost a pretty penny but you can't build yourself a laptop or if you can it will be difficult. I bought the m17 x laptop with a radeon 7970 with a upgraded processer for around 1700 and I can play pretty much anything with no problems on maximum settings. If you need a laptop that run games well get a alienware, if not, build your own desktop.

Exactly. Which is why i'm traversing ebay for Alienwares. Would you suggest this? http://compare.ebay.com/like/180965461583?var=lv&var=sbar

The M14 WON'T run the game at max settings without lag, even if you don't play at 1080p.

Tried that myself on my friend's M14x.

The M17x might do the job but only because of the better customization that it haves, which means it would get a little expensive to achieve good frame rates at 1080p and max settings.

You would be better with a desktop to be honest, but it's your choice anyway.

OBS: My friend got less than 30 FPS in the Arma 2 benchmark test with low/medium settings (mixed). Arma 2 is pretty demanding, so watch out!

No!! Don't buy a laptop add me on skype! :) I can get you something that will run DayZ max settings skype = kn0x187

i have the MSI GE70 runs this game with a few tweeks at 24-32fps no problems on normal to high settiings has the 2gb 660m graphics card. Paid $1200

Edited by ChrisGa

Buy a desktop, you won't regret it. You could build an absolute tank with $1k.

Arma 2 has an insane CPU requirement. It uses it a lot in the computations. You are better off with a desktop. but if u really want a laptop , checkout deals2buy.com. they have a kickass deal on some laptops going on with 2gb nvidia 660m cards and i7 processors . 999$ i think . . dont expect ultra high settings tho

Just picked up a G75VW today and wow! It runs games amazing! Ultra high settings on every game I have installed. Screen is just gorgeous. I am very happy with the purchase. Ive had alienware machines in the past and agree 100%, They look pretty but performance should be much better for the money.

Check out Sager Notebooks, my friend bought one and its an absolute beast!

Just picked up a G75VW today and wow! It runs games amazing! Ultra high settings on every game I have installed. Screen is just gorgeous. I am very happy with the purchase. Ive had alienware machines in the past and agree 100%, They look pretty but performance should be much better for the money.

What's the full name of that laptop? And How much? Specs? Thanks.

alienware used to put out a mean machine before the dell buyout. The specs are still nice, but they all seem to have that airflow issue dells are so known for. I have an acer well specced that i bought for around 700 that i would put above several of the 1500 alienwares. Also, i have to 2nd the Sagers as well, well built machines.

What's the full name of that laptop? And How much? Specs? Thanks.

Here's a review

http://www.gadgetrev...top-review.html

Model is Asus G75VW

I have the 8GB Ram 1TB HDD model.

Price was $1299 at bestbuy.

The one thing I really like about it is the fans are on the back of the notebook so your lap doesn't get hot. Also has a subwoofer located on the bottom which sounds awesome.

Edited by RogueSniper

I have an older m17x (from 2010 with dual nvidia gtx 260) and I run dayz on max settings when I'm not at home. Love me some alienware!