Sign in to follow this  
Jdebz

Confused on the loot system.

So today, i've been traveling to the north west airfield after I found a bike. But along the way, i can never seem to find anything.

I check everywhere, The barns that are even way off the road, the houses, the churches. But I find nothing except the occasional can in a house or the church.

Is this regular? I kind of ruled out the possibility of somebody infront of me taking everything along the way because there was only 1 other person on the server. This seems to be happening to me a lot where all the loot is gone on low population servers.

It's happening because you're entering within 200m of the area on the bike, if you get off the bike, in a nearby forest.. or something, at least 200m away, you shouldn't have to wait for loot spawns, the same thing happens on any vehicle, if you chose to get of the bike in the middle of the town, items will not begin to spawn until the zombies begin to spawn, if you haven't noticed that if you're the only one in town and in a vehicle the zombies don't spawn.. if you ride the bike up to a specific building (barn etc) you need to run around the area for ~30 seconds or so before items will spawn. make sure you exit that building completely though. go hide for a bit a little away from it, then stuff should spawn.

• Like 2

You enter the area to quickly after a server restart, ill explain

Every-time a server goes down, all the loot, bodies, vehicles, and tents are wiped (patch 1.7.2.5) -this means the server is 100% clean, and has only loaded the pre-setup elements (vehicles, the floor, buildings, ect)

Loot is not included in pre-setup, once a player has visited an area, the loot spawn in for the entire server. For example, now once you have visited the airfield and waited for loot to spawn, loot will always be at the airfield from then-on, (Until the server goes down for w/e reason) Because the server has loaded that section of the map in terms of random loot generation.

Loot will spawn after around 5minutes, whether you are in the building or not (Just today on my own server I stood in a store after a restart and it spawned around me)

• Like 1

Oh, okay. So a good idea would just to get off the bike a couple hundred metres away and then go in?

Oh, okay. So a good idea would just to get off the bike a couple hundred metres away and then go in?

To be stealthy yes, or just ride there, get off, and play follow-the-leader with zombies for 5minutes.

I was there before you and I ate and drank everything and killed about 20 zombies with all the empty tin cans whiskey bottles. Then I took all rest and hid it by the second tree on left as you enter town

• Like 1

Hey, one more question. So if i were to just hang out in a town, would the loot spawn, or would i have to stay away from it all for a little bit?

it would be best if you wait it out of town. usually if on any kind of vehicle I just stop @ 250 meters, hide it in some bushes/evergreen trees, wait for like 2 mins then go in.

Sometimes when I come in real fast on foot, like double tap "W" all the way into the market/house/whatever, I get only tin cans and really weak drops, so yeah, 200 meters in it's best to linger a bit to wait for the items to spawn... or like some dude above me said, wait 5 minutes there, but that's a tad boring to me ;)

Edited by kryvian