cricks

Got launched into the air and fell to my death

Date/Time: About 7 pm mountain time. 6/11

What happened: I was prone in the forest when all of the sudden I was launched into the air, and then proceeded to fall to my death. I thought it was a graphical glitch, but then a bunch of people began to complain about it in side chat.

Where you were: I was outside Zelenogorsk, in a nearby forest.

What you were doing: As I said before, I was simply prone, looking out on the town.

I would really appreciate having my character reset, I had a lot of items and hours spent into my character, and it would suck to have it all wasted on what I can safely assume is some hacker fucking with people. If this is possible, I can post details that would allow you to do so. Thank you for your time.

I belive this is one of rocket`s anti cheating scripts. oh how he loves the taste of your tears.

It was a dallas server, can't remember exactly, but maybe, 26? Also, NME, please troll somewhere else. I wasn't cheating and I'm sure rocket would be able to verify this, on top of the fact that this happened to others present in the server at the time.

Sorry if it sounded like a accusation I didn't mean it like that but the whole being launched thing is one of to rockets anti cheating scripts so maybe its gone haywire somewhere, once again sorry

It was either a gross malfunction of one of the anti-hacking scripts or a hacker. Most likely the latter, as hacking has become a much more common occurrence now. At least the ones on your server are being more creative than just making you drop dead.

In the future, just hit the reset button on your computer as soon as you get launched. Sure, it's an inconvenience, but it's a lot less inconvenient than losing the character you've put 30 hours into. You might get lucky and not have your location saved properly into the database.

Thanks for vouching Andrew. As far as resetting my pc once launched, I actually disconnected from the server hoping the same thing, but upon connection to another server, I was in mid air and subsequently fell to my death:/.

This just happened to me and i had a map GPS and nice gear. It was in Dallas 29. I am not sure if it was everyone on the server or just me because after I died I immediately came here. Please Rocket you're cool i appreciate your mod but... If your trying to stop hackers, at least reset the innocent's characters.

I tried restarting my game but I am currently bleeding out in a field with 300 blood left soo...

Just happened on NY25. Everyone ported 300m into the air and fell to thier deaths. I was in a Offroad at the time and was ported out. I managed to disconnect before i hit the floor, I think i did. I am now not wanting to log in and will have to request a char move so i dont fall to my death and loose everything thats taken 5 days alive to gather. All because greifing unloved idiots can still run scripts.

Just happened on NY25. Everyone ported 300m into the air and fell to thier deaths. I was in a Offroad at the time and was ported out. I managed to disconnect before i hit the floor' date=' I think i did. I am now not wanting to log in and will have to request a char move so i dont fall to my death and loose everything thats taken 5 days alive to gather. All because greifing unloved idiots can still run scripts.

[/quote']

i was there with you on ny25 when it happened. NWO members were claiming they spotted a hacker in chernogorsk. 10minutes later the entire server was killed from this script.

Just happened to me, had atleast 15 cans of food, prepared for any situation. Couldn't exit in time, such bull shit. Had ~8 clips for winchester 2 bandages and 5 clips for revolver. had map, binos, watch, compass, hatchet, matches and survival knife. and alice ofc for carrying most of the cans

[attachment=811]

Just happened to me as well....all that work...holy hell. Me and three friends just made it to the NE Air Field...when the wtf moment happened. Everyone on the server died.

Also happened to me. lost a day 5 char, M4A1 CCO SD, M9SD, DMR, 24 slot pack, Range Finder, NVG, GPS. Not to mention the basic gear. the items listed are rare that i gained form killing one ghosting bandit, trading, clan donation, scavenging and raiding the NW airfield barracks. Hours of game time lost due to a "hacker" and not my own stupid fault. Well maybe it was my fault for even logging in.

Fuck this, waste of my time when they do nothing to stop them. Will not be playing Dayz. Nice job greifers you just killed a game.

Great mod, horrid cheat support, it's only going to get worse...

Happened of FR7 today, twice

player named: [FC]Co_0d4n1 was yelling in chat FLY LIKE AN EAGLE!

And then 30 secs later everyone would hop 100 meters in to the air and die.

He did it twice with 30 min in between.

I just got flung into the air on EU42. I disconnected before I died and reconnected to a different server, EU24. However im spawning in the air, still alive though.

So if you could please reset my character somehow I would be grateful.

Thanks.

(My ingame name is ODDBALL *If you need that*)

Happened to me on Dallas 25. As soon as I went prone, I was flung up, so I figured it was just some weird terrain bug.

I aborted about ten feet above the ground and relogged. While the screen was still black, my screen flashed with blood and it said that I died in chat. My character was laying on the ground, unable to move or look around, but I had as much blood as I had when I had disconnected. My stats were all reset, too.

I relogged again when my brother came to laugh at me, and he noticed that I could loot an alice pack. Apparently a dupe of my body had spawned as a result of my crafty sky-diving shenanigans.

No one else complained about it in chat, but everyone may have complained when I logged out. I found two jets about an hour before this had happened, so I guess it's safe to assume some hacker is going around doing it.

Protip to everyone - if it happens again, hit escape, click abort, and hover your mouse over the "OK" button, then allow yourself to fall until you're a few feet off the ground and then disconnect. If it works out like it did for me, you'll be alive upon log-in, maybe with a broken leg.

I just got flung into the air on EU42. I disconnected before I died and reconnected to a different server' date=' EU24. However im spawning in the air, still alive though.

So if you could please reset my character somehow I would be grateful.

Thanks.

(My ingame name is ODDBALL *If you need that*)

[/quote']

If you are still alive, and stuck, I saw a similar situation and he made it out.

Good luck.

Everyone got the same problem in BRA1. Lost 1 silenced rifle in my hands and another in my backpack in front of my tent. Damn it...

Just happened in Seattle 10, damnit. Lost my M249 SAW and Coyote backpack. Fucking hackers. YOU ARE GOING KILL THIS GAME.