Sign in to follow this  
XNUKExAROACHx

CD key issue

I purchased the game from steam and upon trying to play dayz, I am greeted with an erro that says bad serial number upon setup? any fixes?

Yes, this is a common error. Just Stop Steam. Then restart Steam, BUT restart it as an administrator. Run both games (ARMAII & ARMA:OA). Then is should work.

I have this Problem too and I have tryed to restart Steam and run as admin... but it dont works... I have tryed to start DayZ with DayZ-Updater;DayZ Commander;Six Launcher and with the installed Beta Pach "Launch Arma 2 OA Beta Pach" but the same problem (before I get this Problem, I had another Error ingame "Connecting Failed"... to fix this Error, I should go in Steam to Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (right klick on it) to properties than local data than check gamedata for errors after that, Steam has downloaded a new data file because one of the old files was damaged or something (idea from Google)... but after fixing this error, I get the Error "Bad Serial number given in setup" if I start DayZ from any of the Launchers...