Sign in to follow this  
bankst3r

Tent you unfaithful bitch!

I have spent the last week checking if my tent works. Each day I would log in for five minutes and put something in it. It ate my beans, coke cans, cow meat and at last my DMR mags because I was out of everything else. I have tried all the urban myths regarding tents but all I got back was a second empty tent. Seriously I had the feeling the tent was mocking me with the second tent and I hated it for it.

Yesterday I said to hell with it and left it to rot. I was on my way to nowhere, not sure what I should do next. While I was wandering aimlessly through the woods I stumbeled upon an two broken ATVs. Why not, I said. I stored my DMR in it hoping for the best and went to Elektro to gather the parts. While I was watching Elektro for any signs of other survivors, especially snipers I suddenly heard someone running up from behind. I turned and shot at the guy but stopped once I saw he was unarmed and a hero. Turned out he was hacker who offered me a box full of weapons. I declined and made my way to Elektro hoping that he wouldn't kill me.

So it took me hours to gather the parts running back and forth between Elektro and Cherno. Inbetween I would always check if the ATV with my DMR was still there. Once I saw a guy driving an ATV coming from that location. I went there to check if the other ATV was still there. Had no hopes regarding my DMR. There was another guy sitting there beside a fire. He bolted when he saw me. Although I hid and waited he never came back. Both ATVs were still there including my DMR. I think he hadn't seen the other ATV with the DMR in it. So I stored some parts in it and went again to Cherno.

West of Cherno I heard a van coming up behind me I hid behind a wall but the guys had seen me. They drove through a hole in the wall and had me cornered. The driver was positioning the van and it looked like he wanted to run me over. I made the international sign for friendly and bolted. Went up a ladder and waited there with my M4A1 ACOG. Looked over the edge and saw the driver getting out with an DMR. He came up the ladder and I shot him but again I stopped seeing he was a hero. I guess that was a dumb mistake because he killed me.

I am still not sure if he just wanted to take me on a ride or if he wanted to gear up his buddy who was a fresh spawn.

By coincident I spawned next to Cherno. Ran to my body but it was picked clean. Geared up again at the high value loot spots in Cherno, gathered again parts, heard all the times shots, a sniper and explosions. Stumbled upon a massacre in the supermarket.

Finally I made it back to the ATV, put the parts in. Surprisingly my DMR was still there. It took me forever to fuel the ATV because I couldn't get it to give me the option. I hopped on and started the engine...aaah after all these hours of blood and sweat the tears of joy were flowing.

To sum it up I encountered a hacker who let me live, a hero who killed me, a guy who had discovered the ATV location but somehow missed my ATV with the DMR, a mass firefight with lots of casualties, lots of explosions, a sniper killing folks left and right.

So there I was sitting on the ATV, drove it literally for two meters, it flipped over, 5 minutes later the server went down (it's still down). Just at that moment I could hear my neighbour laugh and all I could think of was the tent with its gaping hole.

You need to give offering to the tent or it will smite you. I think it has chosen me as its prophet. Gather around me and praise the mighty tent. What it giveth it taketh.

• Like 3