Sign in to follow this  
codyhause

Artifact fix VERY EASY

Ok guys i found a fix that works for me. ( atleast for the Berezino camp and around town) ok so if you look straight at the dead soldiers or wherever your artifacting is originating or seems to be originating from and are a a few meters away ( thats what i was ) and log out the right way ( not alt f4 or tabing and closing.) by aborting then disconecting then disconecting from servers menue then clicking the exit botton and then launch the game and find your server and play on it it should be alright. Alls you can do is try lol it worked for me and never went back even when i left and came back. Hope it helps .

If I am in an area and getting artifacts, if I disconnect and completely close my client, then relaunch the game and rejoin the server, the artifacts are completely gone. It works all the time, although it's a temporary fix it should last long enough until you eventually leave the affected areas and go elsewhere. Otherwise, flush works about 30% of the time for me now. Still, the fact we haven't gotten a fix for this yet is kind of unacceptable. We realize the standalone is the pressing issue right now, but we need to be able to play the mod to continue testing it so the standalone can be as flawless as possible. There are quite a few gamebreaking bugs out right now that seem to have no attention what so ever. Like the fact I can dupe pretty much any weapon/consumable/clothing I want to if I have a friend with me to assist. I was shown this trick last night and I have to say it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen and WAY worse than the tent duping of 2.4

Since .5 looking into the artifacting then setting my video memory to default then back to very high has worked every single time without fail for me.

Since .5 looking into the artifacting then setting my video memory to default then back to very high has worked every single time without fail for me.

You want your video memory on default always. Default allocates all of your video cards vram for the game. Where as Very high I believe only allocates 512mb. So if you have a card with 1gb or more of memory, always keep it on default.

The more you know... :)