ishadu

server restart steps

Could someone walk me though the steps to restart a server properly? Not to clear the map but like the proper restarting procedure for every day or so

Let people know you are restarting like 5 minutes in advance, you can write/talk in global by logging in as admin.

Press X on server window, start however you start it.

Let people know you are restarting like 5 minutes in advance, you can write/talk in global by logging in as admin.

Press X on server window, start however you start it.

What do you mean by press x on the server window? just hit the x key while in the server control window? btw thank you for your reply

What do you mean by press x on the server window? just hit the x key while in the server control window? btw thank you for your reply

I just log on to RDP, and press X on the server console window :) Then i doubleclick my start.bat :)

BEC scheduler if you have the proper hosting arrangement (http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/setting-up-the-scheduler/). Like the other members have mentioned, send out global messages minutes before, lock, shutdown, insta-lock on restart to ensure sync, unlock. With scheduler you can automate this process as well as benefit from BEC in general.

I never lock as this is against the DayZ rules.

You can lock it, just can't keep it locked with players in the server. meaning you can lock it shortly before restart to avoid people being partially loaded into the game before the server restarts, and i would imagine locking for the first minute and a half of the server starting with no players in it would be accepted as well.

You can lock it, just can't keep it locked with players in the server. meaning you can lock it shortly before restart to avoid people being partially loaded into the game before the server restarts, and i would imagine locking for the first minute and a half of the server starting with no players in it would be accepted as well.

Oh ok :D Do you recommend doing so to make things load properly?

Seems like a good idea. have yet to set it up on my server but i probably will be doing it since things keep having issues loading on start because people are impatient. as for the rules, below is the rule set for locking.

4. Your server must not be password protected or locked.

BEC connection flood #lock is allowed but must be set to no more then five minutes.

Servers may also be locked briefly before scheduled restarts, again, this may not exceed five minutes.