DontBeSneaky

[Video] SVD Camo Ambush

Me and Blue trying out the SVD Camo. Its a decent gun but ive always hated the scope and its a shame it doesnt have zeroing.

• Like 2

I still don't understand why people would approach such a high risk area like that..

Me and Blue trying out the SVD Camo. Its a decent gun but ive always hated the scope and its a shame it doesnt have zeroing.

Uhm... why?

The SVD does not need zeroing over its effective range in ARMA2 because the PSO-1 Optics accurately provide an efficient and fast rangefinding mechanism that does not rely on relatively complex calculation á la Mil-Dot. Why would you need zeroing if you can just use one of the lower chevrons? Those are effectively "zeroed" to the distance you want to engage at. I see that you do know this, so I'm just curious. :-)

As an aside, the "real" Dragunov obviously does have zeroing capability and unless you want to take quick shots, you would generally use this, falling back on the lower chevrons only if you want to engage at more than one kilometer where each additional chevron neatly corresponds to another 100 meters. The in-game PSO scope, just as the Dragunov itself, is fairly accurate as these things go, especially compared to some of the more heinous errors in either ARMA2 or DayZ (the Winchester... argh), but there are a few more features I'd love it to have in common with the real deal.

Uhm... why?

The SVD does not need zeroing over its effective range in ARMA2 because the PSO-1 Optics accurately provide an efficient and fast rangefinding mechanism that does not rely on relatively complex calculation á la Mil-Dot. Why would you need zeroing if you can just use one of the lower chevrons? Those are effectively "zeroed" to the distance you want to engage at. I see that you do know this, so I'm just curious. :-)

As an aside, the "real" Dragunov obviously does have zeroing capability and unless you want to take quick shots, you would generally use this, falling back on the lower chevrons only if you want to engage at more than one kilometer where each additional chevron neatly corresponds to another 100 meters. The in-game PSO scope, just as the Dragunov itself, is fairly accurate as these things go, especially compared to some of the more heinous errors in either ARMA2 or DayZ (the Winchester... argh), but there are a few more features I'd love it to have in common with the real deal.

When i said i never liked the scope, i meant across most games in general. Theres just some guns you like and some that ya dont.

the shot was nothing more than a random snipe, but a beans to you, because u play lingor :)

It was nothing special i agree :) My shot didnt even do anything!